Shanghai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shanghai

I hope that China is classified as being in Asia in this forum, if not this is in the wrong place

Whilst I was in Shanghai last week I tried to post some images as they came out of the camera but they needed some corrections for colour balance and converging vertilcals that I could not do then. How have these turned out?

These were taken from the Bund looking across the river

These were on the Bund

The next 2 are similar but the first taken with the 17-85 on a 10 second exposure and the second with the 10-22 @ 10mm and a 5 second exposure. I like the ghostly images of the people in the first one

Re: Shanghai

Sorry to be boring but there are a few of other shots to complete the set, the first is also taken on the Bund with the 10-22 but unfortunately there was a closed umberella that the nice Chinese Policeman was standing next to and wouldn't let me move, hence the shadow that I have not cloned out.

This was taken from my hotel bedroom window with a 30 second exposure

and finally a picture of the Ritz Carlton Hotel just over the road from where I was staying, again a 30 second exposure with the camera laid on the ground pointing straight up the tower

Comment

Excellent series Muscat. Same about the umbrella but not much you can do if you couldn't move it

You might want to double check your horizons because in some of your shots it doesn't look level, especially number 4.

Comment

Every one a winner and not a Kent sky amongst them, you must have been feeling homesick!

Colin
        Colin

Comment

Great shots Muscat. Colin has summed them up perfectly.
          But, I am concerned for your health as no Kent skies, how did you overcome the withdrawal symptoms??? Copious quantities of TsingTao I presume, as long as you stayed away from the Chinese Whisky...

David
          David

Comment

Looking at them again, #1, #7, and #9 are my winners.

Colin
            Colin

Comment

All many thanks for the comments and praise.

Glenn I agree that the image in #4 looks out of kilter somehow but think it is the LH end of the building that is possibly causing it, as far as I can tell the roof line is horrizontal and that was checked before I had any beer

Originally posted by colin C View Post
              Every one a winner and not a Kent sky amongst them,
              No there were no Kent skys, the scarry thing was that the folks in the office said that the past couple of months had been strange for them in that they could actually see a blue sky something that had been a rare occurance for the past few years. they think the strange weather systems that have been hiting the norhern hemisphere has cleared their smog. Having said that the last day I was there was horrible with a cloud of something hanging over the city, it was very visible when I flew out looking like a mist cloaking only the city.

Comment

Working...
              X