• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AndyMulhearn
    replied
    Re: Mosques and more mosques

Originally posted by rcarca View Post
    Thanks Andy. Noted what you say about number 2. Experimentation works best when you sometimes push it too far! Hopefully I delete most of those, but inevitably some get through. If you are interested in finding out more about some possible approaches, I highly recommend you look at Photoshop Artistry on Facebook - it is an excellent course, and Sebastian Michaels is an excellent tutor.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I have Luminar and CS6/Nik to work with but Luminar is soooo sloooow compared to CS6 that I prefer use the old tech not the new. Any assistance will be welcome

Leave a comment:

• rcarca
    replied

Originally posted by AndyMulhearn View Post
    Agreed on that. As I've been taking more landscape stuff for the last six months I've come to appreciate that the end result can be either a straight representation or a combination of the original and some creative processing to get the final result. With the exception of number 2, which makes my eyes go a bit wonky for some reason, these all work for me with 1 and 5 my faves. I think perhaps 2 is too abstract and I can't really see anything it it.
    Thanks Andy. Noted what you say about number 2. Experimentation works best when you sometimes push it too far! Hopefully I delete most of those, but inevitably some get through. If you are interested in finding out more about some possible approaches, I highly recommend you look at Photoshop Artistry on Facebook - it is an excellent course, and Sebastian Michaels is an excellent tutor.

Leave a comment:

• AndyMulhearn
    replied

Originally posted by rcarca View Post
    Rather depends on what one is trying to achieve! But your view does not surprise me, and I lay myself open to it by posting, so fair enough!
    Agreed on that. As I've been taking more landscape stuff for the last six months I've come to appreciate that the end result can be either a straight representation or a combination of the original and some creative processing to get the final result. With the exception of number 2, which makes my eyes go a bit wonky for some reason, these all work for me with 1 and 5 my faves. I think perhaps 2 is too abstract and I can't really see anything it it.

Leave a comment:

• rcarca
    replied

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
    As Colin stated, art is very subjective, and for me, I like how you have taken the normal view and have created something that on could spend hours looking at. They are amazing and very well done, so keep them coming Richard. Stay Out Of The Box

Tom
    I really appreciate that Tom. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• tesarver
    replied

As Colin stated, art is very subjective, and for me, I like how you have taken the normal view and have created something that on could spend hours looking at. They are amazing and very well done, so keep them coming Richard. Stay Out Of The Box

Tom

Leave a comment:

• rcarca
    replied

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
    The Sharjah shot is particularly effective and I also very much like the last two from Abu Dhabi.

Thanks Nigel!

Leave a comment:

• El Sid
    replied

The Sharjah shot is particularly effective and I also very much like the last two from Abu Dhabi.

Leave a comment:

• rcarca
    replied

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
    It's subjective ,some of your shots I love Richard others leave me bewildered but I can see what your trying to do most of the time and it's certainly different
    Thanks Jeff! Bewildered is good! I like that! And I love that you love some of them...

Leave a comment:

• the black fox
    replied

It's subjective ,some of your shots I love Richard others leave me bewildered but I can see what your trying to do most of the time and it's certainly different

Leave a comment:

• rcarca
    replied

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
    I like the arty ones too....the regular shot is a very different proposition....its immediately attractive with that super colour sky. Its interesting to see the originals on which you base your art shots too.
    Thanks Brian. You might like to see the original images for the Sharjah one:

Sharjah-1.jpg
    by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

Sharjah-5.jpg

Sharjah-2.jpg

Sharjah-3.jpg

Sharjah-4.jpg

Sharjah-6.jpg

It is fun to try and pull something creative out of a bunch of images...

Best

Richard
    Last edited by rcarca; 25-06-2017, 17:50.

Leave a comment:

• @imagesBV
    replied

I like the arty ones too....the regular shot is a very different proposition....its immediately attractive with that super colour sky. Its interesting to see the originals on which you base your art shots too.

Leave a comment:

• rcarca
    replied

Originally posted by colin C View Post
    The straight shot is good, there is no denying it but, I like the artistic ones to stretch our imagination and there are some stunning ones within your portfolio, some of which are reproduced here.

Art is very subjective, good art generally being what I like, but it may not appeal to others.
    Thanks Colin. I think the subjectivity is why I generally try to avoid commenting on anyone's posts in absolute, deterministic terms. I am also stretching my skills - I didn't even touch Photoshop until last autumn! I found that I wanted more from my landscapes, and also nighttime photographs, and this has opened up an enormous vista for me!

Leave a comment:

• colin C
    replied

The straight shot is good, there is no denying it but, I like the artistic ones to stretch our imagination and there are some stunning ones within your portfolio, some of which are reproduced here.

Art is very subjective, good art generally being what I like, but it may not appeal to others.

Leave a comment:

• rcarca
    replied

Originally posted by Stan View Post
    the straight shot is far better, at least for me and I thik the others would be better straight as well
    Rather depends on what one is trying to achieve! But your view does not surprise me, and I lay myself open to it by posting, so fair enough!

Leave a comment:

• Stan
    replied

the straight shot is far better, at least for me and I thik the others would be better straight as well

Leave a comment:

Working...
X