Dubai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dubai

Can anyone recommend where the best vantage points are for photos in Dubai?
    I have been before and failed to get access to the Burg - even through the Jumeirah Beach Hotel access was restricted to guests.
    Any thoughts on other locations?
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Re: Dubai

Sorry Brian I can not help as the last time I was in Dubai was 1987 I think it may have changed a little since then. But if any of the old water front is still available I would personally be heading there

Comment

The fountains at Burj Khalifa are impressive, particularly at night. But architecture everywhere - the marina, as show cased by Tareq, the new Emirates terminal 3, a lot of the malls and sports venues and for old meets new mix try the creek, abras (little passenger ferries) dhows and souks with the modern backdrops.
      TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

Why didnt you get access the the Burj? I brought a ticket and up I went! On a clear day you can see for absolute miles but be warned its very dusty!

Heres a link to a video I shot.

Viewing platform is on the 124th Floor!!!

Other good places are, The Emrates Mall (ski slope one) Dubai Marina at night is also lovely. If you have access to a car its worth driving to Oman, theres a fantastic mountain range there which makes for some great sun rise/sun sets. Only takes a little wile and you go right through the dessert past the untouched Dubai.
        Last edited by Mrtowner87; 12-12-2011, 19:15.
        Canon 60D, Canon BG-E9 grip, Canon 17-40L lens, Sigma 50mm 1.4 HSM, Tamron 70-300mm Di VC USM, 2x converter.

Comment

Mrtowner,

I think he was referring to the Burj al Arab Hotel rather than the Burj Kalifa. Good call about going over towards Oman or the northern Emirates.
          TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

I have been twice and as far as I am aware you can only get really close if you actually go to the hotel itself. Afternoon tea is well worth the money! It will usually be dark by the time you have finished tea and you can walk from the al Arab back across the access bridge and along the beach to the Madinat.
            A few snapshots using a Samsung point and shoot.... They are not intended to be good shots but they show you the angle you can get if you walk from the al Arab to the Madinat.

From the upstairs lobby.

Looking up

On the bridge looking back

On the path between the al Arab and the Madinat. Minutes before I proposed!

Comment

Working...
            X