Snapshots of Switzerland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snapshots of Switzerland

Just returned from an idyllic, but energetic, week in the Bernese Oberland village of Grindelwald- a hiker's paradise.
    All photos taken with a 600D and 17-40mm lens.
    Oh, and I managed to use back-button focus without getting too confused. I am getting to like it.
    Thanks for looking

Ian

The Eiger from Murren

Reflection in Bachalpsee

Hikers in front of the Wetterhorn

EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Re: Snapshots of Switzerland

Looks like a very beautiful part of the world, but I really do like the composition of No2

John

Comment

What a stunning location, all three are good images it's just a shame that the ripples on the water spoil/soften the mountain reflection in number two. My favourite is the first, if it was mine I may be tempted to crop the LHS a little to lose the part tree. Thanks for sharing
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Ian,

Very nice indeed, I like the first one best, as Peter said above, crop slightly from the left to lose the part tree and I would also crop some of the grass at the bottom too, it doesn't add to the picture so move it up to around the bottom of the tree on the right, just my amateur opinion though so feel free to ignore!!

Regards Paul

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Beautiful, especially number 2, but check that for straightness. The hikers in number 3 add scale and perspective.

Colin
            Colin

Comment

Lovely colours,nice and quite sharp Ian. I like #1 & #3.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

These are lovely images of a beautiful location. I like all 3, but would have to agree with Colin on checking the horizon on number 2. Looks like the lake has a slight slant from left to right.

Tom

Comment

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I take your point, Colin and Tom, about number two. I hadn't noticed that.

Ian
                  EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Nice set............
                    My flickr http://flic.kr/ps/2g5eDa
                    © JH Foto
                    The word photography derives from the Greek φωτός (phōtos), genitive of φῶς (phōs), "light" and γραφή (graphé)

Comment

Nice photos and place

Comment

Lovely shots and lovely country, was born there and lived there for many years!
                        EOS 50E with Tamron EF lense 28-200mm, EOS 760D, EOS 650D, Canon EFS lense 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM and Canon EF 70-300 F4-5.6 IS USM, and Canon flashgun 380EX

Comment

Thanks again for your comments.
                          Shockwave - I have been going to Switzerland for more than 20 years and it feels like going home. Wonderful country - if a little expensive these days because of the exchange rate mostly!!.

Ian

Comment

Working...
                          X