Photography in France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photography in France

When I was travelling in France last week I spotted an interesting image made by smoke from a factory chimney against a dramatic sky. To get a good location I happened to park across the road from the factory gatehouse. I was initially screened by an incoming lorry and took a couple of shots but the security man saw me as I was changing lens and started shouting. He came over and very politely told me that I couldn't take photographs. I tried to explain that I was after a nice image but he simply replied that it was private. I obviously wasn't going to win so gave up and turned away. At this point it got very bizarre when he asked me in German if I was the police. I can only think he had that idea because I was in a foreign registered black car.

As a rule you mustn't photograph the police or security locations in France, and people generally aren't happy about being photographed without permission, but this was a factory making ready-meals.

Re: Photography in France

Mon Dieu !... What has French Cuisine come to ?!
    Last edited by fadetoblack; 17-10-2012, 14:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Opifex View Post
      ...but this was a factory making ready-meals.
      Perhaps they had a contract with the French military

Regrettably, everywhere we go now, there's always a jobsworth who's out to spil our fun...
      Cheers;
      Lee
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
      5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
      17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

.......... in France, and people generally aren't happy about being photographed without permission.......
        Hmmm, bit of a shame they didn't have that attitude with Princess Diana then.

Colin
        Colin

Comment

Working...
        X