The Inner Plains of Lanzarote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Inner Plains of Lanzarote

Hired a car for a few days when we were on Lanzarote, took a quite a few images whilst travelling through the strange inner island landscape. These are a couple of desert like plains we encountered.

MasdachePlain by Judder Hopkins, on Flickr

HariaPlain by Judder Hopkins, on Flickr
    Last edited by Judder Man; 13-01-2013, 11:46.
    An Image in Time is a Stepping Stone to Eternity

Re: The Inner Plains of Lanzarote

Hi JM, nice pics, thanks for posting. Those skies look really blue... is that how they were, have you used a filter, or any PP used to bring out the colour?

Reminds of a trip to Lanzarote a few decades ago... happy memories!

Did you manage to get up to the volcano? The scenery around there looks positively lunar, and would be well worth a trip. We had a dinner next to the volcano, and the meat was cooked over a volcanic vent!

Cheers, Mike.
    flickr
    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post
      Hi JM, nice pics, thanks for posting. Those skies look really blue... is that how they were, have you used a filter, or any PP used to bring out the colour?

Did you manage to get up to the volcano? The scenery around there looks positively lunar, and would be well worth a trip. We had a dinner next to the volcano, and the meat was cooked over a volcanic vent!

Cheers, Mike.

Hi Mike,

Did very little processing, just took these shots using a polarizer at the best part of the day. First image early morning, second image early evening. we did get to the volcano area but we much preferred Tenerife for the volcanics.
      An Image in Time is a Stepping Stone to Eternity

Comment

Thanks for reminding me of a happy holiday that I had there once.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Nicely composed images

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post

Cheers, Mike.
            I was in Lanzarote last year for a conference (yes, I know ) and we had a trip out to Timanfaya. I was just annoyed I didn't have a decent camera with me to do it justice. Plus they chuck water down the vents for us tourists to photograph the steam, but you could never get a shot without a cluttered background.
            The restaurant with the cooking vent was still there but it was starting to look a bit run-down. Great views though.
            Canon EOS 7D
            EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
            Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
            flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Working...
            X