Comment

Re: Cathedral at night

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
      Oh that's nice Ian, great reflections well done

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
      ta Peter
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Love the reflections - a great image
        Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
          I wanted to control the noise as much as I could so F4 as I knew DoF wasn't going to be an issue and 1000 iso - seemed to have worked

Where abouts you going to ? anywhere near me pop in for a bottle or three
          Sadly not near you - the wine is tempting though. I'll send you a PM.
          - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

what a wonderful cathedral and well captured

Stan
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

Excellent Ian, great capture.
              Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

Hey Bo did you forget to switch the advertising light off??
                Originally posted by lunarbo View Post
                This is a splendid shot- colours and reflections spot on

Could you please humour me and tone down that tiny red window on the left- it's like a magnet!
                Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                  I was standing on a stone bridge ( see the other shots of this cathedral I posted) and was able to bend over it "carefully" lol and steady my arms against the wall and hope ;o)

agree but its a tad disapointing when some of members on this site have no interest in offering feedback on anything that doesn't go into there niche - I know we all have our interests and likes, but I do think we can all appreciate or dislike a photo and so offer feedback. This does sound like I'm drifting into a railwreck of a thread Stan started last year and I'm not, just it would be nice if some members looked around a bit before posting and vanishing
                  I do take your point Ian as there are some who simply dont comment outside their chosen genre usually motorsport (not all by the way only some), for my part your images are some of the best on the EOS forum and they mostly all have the wow factor and its a bit awkward to just keep posting excellent, stunning beautiful image etc etc and I've got so used to seeing that standard from you that its sort of expected and I dont comment but I'll make a concerted effort to do so in the future as you have made the effort to share it

Comment

Very nice Ian. Lovely colours.
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Damn good image Ian - 10 out of 10 AND a GOLD STAR!
                      John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Beautiful scene and image! Great light, color, detail and composition. Very well done Ian.
                        Regards Dave

Canon 70D : Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM : Canon EF-S 55-250mm 1:4-5.6 IS ii MACRO : Canon EF-S 10- 22 mm f/3.5-4.5 USM : Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM : Canon EF 70-200 F2.8 L IS ll USM : Canon 600-EX-RT Speedlite FLASH GUN : Canon GPS RECEIVER GP-E2, PhotR 3-Section tripod. More to come.

You are welcome to view my flicker pages .... https://www.flickr.com/photos/davejowett/

Comment

Blimey Charlie, that's a wonderful shot. One of your best mate. Stunning work
                          Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Originally posted by GORDH View Post
                            I do take your point Ian as there are some who simply dont comment outside their chosen genre usually motorsport (not all by the way only some), for my part your images are some of the best on the EOS forum and they mostly all have the wow factor and its a bit awkward to just keep posting excellent, stunning beautiful image etc etc and I've got so used to seeing that standard from you that its sort of expected and I dont comment but I'll make a concerted effort to do so in the future as you have made the effort to share it
                            thanks - I think we all know those that just post images, vanish and then look for the feedback, or as we said those that just stay within there own niche and never get involved..The problem is this is quiet a small group and unless members do get fully involved it does look like images get ignored or the forum is dead, which clearly isn't that case when looking at page views. I know some clicks / views are not members, but when you have people login in, uploading and then leaving its not really part of what we think is this "friendly forum" that we keep telling new members

But thanks for offering your insight into this Gordh

Thanks Nat, John, Dave & Alan
                            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Working...
                            X