Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stromboli

Hi

Going back there in a few weeks time, hoping to get some really good shots of the eruptions as it was a bit cloudy the last time I and my G9 just couldn't cope with the conditions...

So, my question is - it's windy, dusty, gritty and generally very camera unfriendly on the summit - what do people recommend for camera protection? I've seen these sealable plastic 'underwater' type bags, but are they any good? Would I be just as well off using a large sealed freezer bag?

Certainly planning to seal the bag in the hotel & not take it out until i'm back off the volcano...

Would welcome advice...

Re: Stromboli

I would use my brothers camera...lol

Coda
    There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Re: Stromboli

Use the Canon 5200mm from two mountains away..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRq18WpQZC0

Having seen a couple of documentaries on volcanoes recently you will certainly need something with an air tight seal.
      Why not see if you can hire underwater housing??

David
      David

Comment

Working...
      X