Venice impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venice impressions

While still on holiday, I'm eager to share some impressions.
    These are quite some diverse pictures, so I'm keen on what you think. Which is your fav? And most all: how could I have made them better (IQ) and/or more interesting?

Here's some from Venice:

My girlfriend (with baby in the making) Venice boulevard

Laundry time a-la-venetia :)

Typicall Venice see-through

Yaught:

And something completely different (and a first-timer for me); personal photo's:

Do feel free to comment on any of my contributions.
    EOS-500D. Flickr: _rutger_

Re: Venice impressions

Very nice set of images..I like #2 & 3 they show the not so glamorous side of Venice.....

Peter
    There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Hi Vdzande

I agree with Peter, nice set of images and very much a different side of Venice.
      It's on my list of places to go.......

1. Nice shot (personally i may crop the chap on the left side as he's a little distracting)
      2 & 3 are my favourites
      4. I would crop some of the sky away and straighten the horizon up.
      5. Looks a little unsharp to me (has he moved or do you need a quicker exp?)
      6. I like

Dave

Comment

Thanks Peter & Dave. I agree with you both on #2 & #3.

@Dave: you absolutely right about the crop in #1. Thanks for those tips. Helps me on my learning curve :)
        Would you also crop picture #3 (left and top?)

Thanks for your suggestions guys,
        Rutger

Comment

I think the first image is fantastic. Really evokes memories the backwaters of the city and reminds me of my 2 months working in Mestre.
          TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

I really do like your yacht ... very nice bit of kit.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
              I really do like your yacht ... very nice bit of kit.

Thanks for sharing.
              Unfortunately it is not MY yacht

Comment

Like the washing drying - the picture really shows the claustrophobic feel of the place with the closeness of the buildings.. and on the opposite end of the scale the light play in the next shot with the shadow of the tree on the wall.
                Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

A great place for a walk with a camera. I've finally got around to sticking some of my pics of Venice on Flickr. Don't look though I didn't have a Canon then!
                  TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

I like all the pics esp the ones in Colour. I know Venice quite well having been there several times. Perhaps my favourie is #2, with the bridge.

PS- How about using the yacht for a trip to Alaska and see the polar bears?
                    Last edited by Nathaniel; 10-01-2012, 12:09.
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Hi Vdzande,

I am just back from Venice,Verona and lake Garda.Amazing place.I like photos 2 & 3 they show the real Venice.
                      Just posted my own on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cjtech5...7631525596237/

5D W/grip 50Dw/grip 30D 17-40L 24-105L 70-200L 1x4 converter 50 1.8 90MM Macro 2.8 17-50 2.8 10-20 and tons more.....
                      5D MKII W/grip, 7D W/grip, G15, 17-40L, 24-105L, 70-200L F4.0, 400mm F5.6, 1x4 converter, 50mm 1.8, 100mm Macro 2.8,430 EXII, Gitzo and Manfrotto tripods and heads Elinchrom Dlite 4 and tons more.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cjtech51/

Comment

Working...
                      X