Poppy Fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poppy Fields

It's that time of year, and I was wondering if anyone would like to share the locations of any lovely poppy fields..

Perhaps.. COUNTY.... Town... details of how to get there/post code etc., and a favourite shot.

...needless to say I haven't any as yet but I'm forever hopeful.

Re: Poppy Fields

Very few about compared to a few years ago. In 2010 they came out the same time as the oilseed rape and there were some lovely photo opps around here. Haven't been out for a couple of weeks so will have my eyes peeled here in South Lincs at the weekend when I will be out and about.
    Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
    EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

I'm having a look tomorrow. Heard of one in farnham which isn't too far. So though the weather is rough it's worth taking the time for research. Also the lavender fields are coming up/ Mayfield lavender in Banstead should be good very soon.

Comment

Decided to go the other way, as the weather was awful, torrential rain, extremely windy, anyhow had to get out of the house so I went for a drive east and came across a field a field of poppies near Biggin Hill aerodrome.

Poppy 059 copy by TollerGirl, on Flickr
        Last edited by Sandra; 24-06-2012, 22:34. Reason: contact me for address if wanted.

Comment

ooo I like that - keep looking but have only seen them roadside so far, I'm sure there aren't any where near as many poppy fields as there were last year or is it just me?

.DAVID.
          Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

I must admit this is the only one I've seen and my heart skipped a beat when I saw it. Had to do a u turn. Find a gap in the fence, walk round a muddy field,climb carefully over a fence, and all in the pouring rain. That's dedication....or madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra View Post
              I must admit this is the only one I've seen and my heart skipped a beat when I saw it. Had to do a u turn. Find a gap in the fence, walk round a muddy field,climb carefully over a fence, and all in the pouring rain. That's dedication....or madness.
              Both ................... but you got the shot.

Colin
              Colin

Comment

That's a beautiful shot.. reminds me of the Monet painting. Thanks for sharing.
                “Seeing is not enough; you have to feel what you photograph” – Andre Kertesz
                http://smphotography.foliopic.com/

Comment

Not seen a field full of poppies but I am seeing lots in verges and in the middle of a local dual carriage way.

Worth climbing over the fence for
                  Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                  Di's Flickr

Comment

It's very strange, last year we were inundated with fields of daisies, and this year those same fields hardly had one, instead they were full of buttercups. I'm sure nothing was done to discourage them, but where are they? Even when you search on flickr there aren't as many. Guess it could be the rain.
                    Colin I think you could be right, but you know I haven't felt that kind of wow for a while, it was like finding hidden treasure. My eureka moment. Isn't that sad, or am I easily pleased

Comment

Not seen any locally but there was a good one just outside Winchester a couple of years back which didnt materialise either last or so far this year.

Looks like you found a good one anyway

Stan
                      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                      flickr

Comment

There are some in Firle, East Sussex Nr Lewis the field is about 3/4s the size of a football pitch.

I turned up in bad condtions waited for 4 hours and had to leave with a few abstracty shots.
                        And shots with white featureless skies :-) An Hour after I got home and posted a snap on facebook, someone phoned me to say the light had turned all atmospehric, with an erie mist rolling down from Firle Beacon :-)

IMG_9517 by mitch snapper, on Flickr

Trev

Comment

Well this is lovely. You've captured the texture and wonderful colour.
                          ... I'd also heard of one near the uni at Brighton... found on flickr. Though I noticed one near me today which isn't yet out properly. I wonder if the rain has delayed their flowering.

Comment

Firle is not far from the Brighton Campus maybe 10miles - 13 miles from Eastbourne campus.
                            I found an access point that needed virtually no walking from the car :-)

These ones in Firle are supposed to last until mid August.
                            I used a tripod and tried several lenses and loads of different positions.
                            I wasn't happy with any of them. I even took some self protraits with the timer of me in the poppies. :-)

Well this is lovely. You've captured the texture and wonderful colour.
                            Cheers Sandra, What caught my eye about this is how much some of them look like the paper ones sold at rememberance :-)

F2.8 ISO 100 @ 85mm using a 70-200 lens.
                            Trev

Comment

Originally posted by Trevoreast View Post

What caught my eye about this is how much some of them look like the paper ones sold at rememberance :-)

F2.8 ISO 100 @ 85mm using a 70-200 lens.
                              Trev
                              That's just what I thought when I saw the picture.... wasn't sure I should say. perhaps its the same variety. Guess there are different ones. These are beautiful

Comment

Working...
                              X