Clouds at 30,000 feet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clouds at 30,000 feet

Wasn't sure where to post this one but Locations seemed as good a place as any!
    The light was beautiful from a setting sun and the clouds over the coral sea were stunning. I think I got rid of most of the window haze, but realised too late that I should have put a polariser filter on.
    Anyway, I hope you like it
    Andy

5D3, 1/1500@f11, ISO 400, 70-200 f2.8L IS II @ 70mm

PNG_9900.jpg by AndyMackie1, on Flickr
    Last edited by AndyMackie; 16-01-2013, 09:51.

Re: Clouds at 30,000 feet

Impressive looking set Andy.

Tom

Comment

Like it and then some.

Someone below is going to get rather wet.
      Colin

Comment

Very moody but beautiful clouds

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks for the comments everyone - clouds are ten a penny but I fly a lot and can honestly say that this batch that we passed through for a few minutes (of which the picture is only one shot of many) were some of the nicest that I've ever seen.

Its always a concern shooting through a plane's window that what you see is not what you end up with on camera, but I got lucky with these in that the window just behind me was relatively clean and unscratched. Boosting clarity and contrast in LR4 while dropping blacks brought it back to how I recalled it.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMackie View Post
              but realised too late that I should have put a polariser filter on.
              Probably not. I tried that once and got the strangest rainbow effects due to cross polarization from the plastic windows.

Lovely shot, I like the hint of pink on the horizon.
              Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Impressive looking clouds, with nice "threatening" shapes.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Very nice Andy and interesting formations. I too also love to watch for some interesting clouds when I fly though have not flown anywhere since 2009. One thing you can be sure of with cloud shots is that they will be pretty much unique.
                  Best Regards
                  Ray Walton

Comment

Working...
                  X