The Ponte Vecchio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ponte Vecchio

I'v just returned from a trip to Tuscany, and spent a couple of days in Florence. I took more than a few shots of it's most famous landmark. I'v made a few adjustments in elements, but these are limited as my knowledge of using it is lol.Here's three for your comments.

John

Re: The Ponte Vecchio

Hello John, I seem to be recorded with the film and then scanned, correct?

I really like these three photos with different points of view.

Hello and see you soon.

Marco

Comment

Beautiful colours John. Thanks for sharing. Graydon
      Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
      EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Hey John, I especially like the 2nd one. Nice colours and framing. Allthough I like #3 also because I think it was taking from the higher place with the Leorardo da Vinci statue, right? I loved the view up there when I visited two yeats a go :)
        Do feel free to comment on any of my contributions.
        EOS-500D. Flickr: _rutger_

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments, it's hard not to get a good shot of such a beautiful landmark. And yes Vdzande, no3 was taken from the Piazza Michelangelo. What a view you get from up there.

John

Comment

Uhm John, could #2 be a bit over saturated? Or is it my screen (I know mine has a high saturation & contrast).
            Do feel free to comment on any of my contributions.
            EOS-500D. Flickr: _rutger_

Comment

It looks right on mine (which isn't calibrated). The bridge itself is remarkably colourful and the region has the most wonderful light. I have almost the same images from my visit some years ago, albeit pre-DSLR so not so good as these.
              Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Originally posted by vdzande View Post
                Uhm John, could #2 be a bit over saturated? Or is it my screen (I know mine has a high saturation & contrast).
                It may be a touch over saturated, but my elements skills are like my photography, on a steep learning curve lol.

Originally posted by Woolley View Post
                It looks right on mine (which isn't calibrated). The bridge itself is remarkably colourful and the region has the most wonderful light. I have almost the same images from my visit some years ago, albeit pre-DSLR so not so good as these.
                Yeah Wooley, I was amazed by the colours and the amount of light. My only regret was not being there in the morning and at dusk, now that could have been something excellent.

John

Comment

Working...
                X