Drumheller- Dinosaur capital of the world housed in the Royal Tyrell Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drumheller- Dinosaur capital of the world housed in the Royal Tyrell Museum

The Royal Tyrell museum is one of the largest palaeontological museums in the world. The museum tells the story of the evolution of the earth & the golden age of dinosaurs. There is still excavations going on in this area and fossils are found regularly and are carefully removed from the rocks into which they are embedded. I have posted some images of these creatures but am not able to name them as I did not note their names.

(i)

(ii)

(iii)

(iv)

(v)

(vi) Entrance to the Museum
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 01-11-2011, 23:57.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Drumheller- Dinosaur capital of the world housed in the Royal Tyrell Museum

Very nice Nat. I've seen this place on TV and was very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
      Very nice Nat. I've seen this place on TV and was very impressed.
      Just for my notes and my album later on, can you name them- if you can. I regret I did not take down the names as I went along. So many to see & photograph.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
        Just for my notes and my album later on, can you name them- if you can. I regret I did not take down the names as I went along. So many to see & photograph.
        I might be an old dinosaur myself ... but I can't name them Actually they seem to have changed the names since I was at school?

Comment

Nathaniel - the website for the museum as an exhibit section with a walk through on the net. Might help you find those names.

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

DeeGee,
            You are great!! thanks. I checked the web and can see quite a lot of my photos in the exhibits. So I can actually name them as I go along. The forum is a big help to me (and others) in more ways than one. Many thanks again.

Nathaniel

Comment

Welcome Glad I could be of help.
              Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
              Di's Flickr

Comment

Another Dinosaur on two legs!!

Comment

ef-r

Comment

Good set, Nataniel. When I go to places like that & because I've got a crap memory, I take a photo of the information board, too. Helps put a name to a subject & you've also got info on the subject as well. My kids, when they were small were into dinos in a big way - they would've loved that place.

Thanks for sharing your pictures.

TTFN,
                    Neil
                    Neilly's Flickr Page
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60833437@N08/
                    Facebook
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-...67642190098333

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
                      I might be an old dinosaur myself ... but I can't name them Actually they seem to have changed the names since I was at school?
                      You were a T Rex fan then?
                      ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
                        You were a T Rex fan then?
                        Errrrrrrmmm - I think I have an album but I'd not call myself a fan Ride That White Swan etc,

Comment

Originally posted by Neilly View Post
                          Good set, Nataniel. When I go to places like that & because I've got a crap memory, I take a photo of the information board, too. Helps put a name to a subject & you've also got info on the subject as well. My kids, when they were small were into dinos in a big way - they would've loved that place.

Thanks for sharing your pictures.

TTFN,
                          Neil
                          You are indeed a man after my own heart. Yes, I do take photos of the name boards but didn't bother with these creatures- so many names to photograph!!!!
                          I might post a few more just for interest sake, when I find time.

Comment

A few more of my Fossil friends.

(a)

(b) (Ancestor of the Present Rhino!!)

(c)

(d)

(e)

(f)
                            Last edited by Nathaniel; 10-11-2011, 17:48.

Comment

Nat - more nice critters even older than me and my eosasaurus

I've always had an interest in these creatures of old, what caused many to become extinct, that birds are related ...

Comment

Working...
                              X