Southport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southport

Needed to get out after being confined to barracks on Sunday. So got the car out, dropped the roof and had a bimble to the seaside and back. These were taken with my trusty G10. Not a bad day 14C but very windy.

1. The end of the pier

At 3,650 feet it is the second longest pier in Great Britain (although part is over land).

2. A Real Penny Arcade at the end of the pier

Mind you a 1d coin costs you 10p !!

3. Looking down the pier

4. Shadow

Felt there was a picture in there somewhere ... but with nill artistic skill I'll leave what might have been to your imaginations

5. Millenium Bridge

So there we are ... managed some snaps albeit with my G10. Thanks for looking.

Re: Southport

SWMBO got a G12 for Christmas - hope she takes as good pictures as these
    ef-r

Comment

I like them as usual except perhaps #3 which seems to show a bit of tilt on the right hand side. Is it my monitor?
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Brian -Thanks - I hope she enjoys the G12.

Nat - Thanks ... ummm #3 looks okay (I've just checked in Lightroom) but would agree that #4's horizon is curious. I tried using lens correction (improves the arc shape to a line) but it's still not horizontal. I was concentrating on the shadow so guess I should have trimmed the top 15% off ... as I said I was playing a bit.

Comment

Hi MX5, I ,
          was born in Southport, left in the early 1970s, Must say it has changed a great deal around the pier area. nice photos. berty

Comment

Don't know whether I made a mistake with my Sureshot 30x iS. See my thread under compacts!
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I actually like no 3 the most. I think it would be better if it just had the pier though rather than including that suspension bridge.
              TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

I grew up in southport, still vist my parents every so often.

Hope you don't mind I had a quick play with No.3
                Canon 500d | 17-40 f4 L Lens | 70-200 f4 L Lens | 50mm 1.8 | 430exII | http://www.flickr.com/photos/stewartfinley/

Comment

Originally posted by Stewartfinley View Post
                  I grew up in southport, still vist my parents every so often.

Hope you don't mind I had a quick play with No.3
                  That's okay. Southport has changed a lot since I first visited in the 50's. In those days seeing the sea was a rare event

Comment

Working...
                  X