Lacewings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lacewings

Semachrysa jade Winterton & Guek & Brooks 2012. A new species I found in Selangor, Malaysia.

Semachrysa jade new lacewing species IMG_1650 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Semachrysa jade new lacewing species IMG_1624 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

From Sabah, Malaysia (Borneo)

IMG_1012 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

White lacewing, Ankylopteryx sp. Selangor, Malaysia

White lacewing Ankylopteryx sp. IMG_8054 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Brown lacewing, Family: Hemerobiidae, Genus: Micromus(?), Kuching, Sarawak.

IMG_7036 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Unidentified lacewing, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia.

IMG_9375 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Re: Lacewings

A very nice set the 3rd one would be my pick. Love the colour of the eyes
    1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
    Facebook
    www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Great photos and very well done for finding a new species, I note you got recognition for finding it which is great

Comment

Wonderful creatures which i have only seen earlier in the year on holiday in Turkey. A nice variety of shots the only downside being the antenna cropped off in most

stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Nice set, the 2nd image is the one I like the best.

Tom

Comment

Wow, great find! You have an absolutely amazing flickr site too and i would encourage others to have a peek.

What did you shoot these particular shots with and at what settings? They're lovely photos and we all grow by sharing such expertise.

Thanks
            Andy

Comment

Thanks for looking and commenting, much appreciated.

Andy - all with 40D, MP-E65, MT-24EX, concave diffuser, 1/200, F11, ISO200, handheld.

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

I have just had a quick look through your flickr site and you have a lot of stunning photos on there
                  1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
                  Facebook
                  www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Some new toys here to consider..my goodness, will it ever end?? (No, and you know it won't!)

I had never heard of a MT-24EX before now and although I had seen the results from a MP-E65 on this forum before, its not that common. I tried one out in a shop i Thailand and put it back in favour of extension tubes but I'm clearly missing the point - in the hands of someone like Kurt who knows what to do with it (and how), what an amazing lens!

Again, I encourage anyone who is interested in macro to check out his blog at orionmystery.blogspot.com

Andy

Comment

Stan - the antennae is almost as long as the body. Can't always include the full antennae.

Thanks, Andy. You don't really need the MT24 for macro. A single 270EX will work just fine even though it's not as powerful:

As mentioned in my previous post on using a single 270EX for macro , there were two issues that needed to be addressed. The two issues were:...

Comment

I believe it is the person behind the camera, not the lens which makes the biggest difference. I think Kurt will agree with me. I have been following Kurt's site for a while. He has many macro buddies who shoot amazing macro photos without using the MP-E65 and MT-24EX. Some of them use a simple 270Ex set up.

Comment

Hi and welcome Ketsang
                          I think you are absolutely right - what a great blog and fantastic bunch of macro photographers!
                          Andy
                          Last edited by AndyMackie; 20-12-2013, 13:41.

Comment

Andy, ketsang - right. You can get pretty decent result even with an entry level DSLR with almost any macro lens.

Check out some of the images I have taken with a 40D, 60mm F2, 270EX and DIY DIffuser.

White Lipped Frog (Hylarana labialis) IMG_3314 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr
                            Last edited by orionmystery; 20-12-2013, 05:34.

Comment

Huntsman spider with beetle prey IMG_3063 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X