flash intensity effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flash intensity effect

close up shots with a macro lens & flash I am wondering what effect the flash intensity although brief has on the subject be it a snail,spider as such small creatures could it cause harm?

Re: flash intensity effect

I am wondering what effect the flash intensity although brief has on the subject be it a snail,spider as such small creatures could it cause harm?
    Snails are pretty resillient, but if you find a flashgun causes them harm, Please let me know.

Trev

Comment

Why dont you try it out point your flash at yourself and fire......joking...Ive used my ring flash lots of times in butterfly houses and not had one complaint yet....lol
      They prob fly round with a big orange glow in there eyes for a few hours.

Coda
      There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

For humans, fire that flash full power in your eyes and it will blind you for a few seconds..... Really not sure how it would affect other animals but I'd guess it woiuld be ok as I'm sure wildlife togs would know this and let us know.
        5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

I have also used my ring flash on butterflies, spiders and snails and to be honest the only ones that have moved have been the butterflies but they don't tend to stay still that long with a big lens in their face

Comment

I tried yesterday to take pictures of this peacock with the off camera flash. It didn't seem to notice it. Picture isn't very good - just shows how the flash brings out the colour.

ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
              I tried yesterday to take pictures of this peacock with the off camera flash. It didn't seem to notice it. Picture isn't very good - just shows how the flash brings out the colour.

Picture isn't very good? I would be pretty chufffed with a result like that, thanks for sharing.

gary

Comment

Didn't realise that they were so "blue" lovely colours.
                Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

I put 3 speedlights on the grass (slaves to the ST-E2 on camera) pointing approximately where I threw some bread. When the birds came I just took the picture and they were were flashed. They didn't flinch so I guess they didn't suffer.
                  ef-r

Comment

Certainly brought out the colours Brian

Stan
                    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                    flickr

Comment

When they roll over, with their feet up in the air and stop moving .................... then you need to worry (or look very innocent!)

Colin
                      Colin

Comment

hi the only time you have to be careful with flash is with nocturnal subjects

Comment

Working...
                        X