Brimstone Butterfly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brimstone Butterfly

Taken hand held after a chase up and down the hedgerow for a considerable time at Lodge Hill Bucks.

Canon 5D MkII EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro 1/125 f13.0 ISO200

Slàinte,

Malkie

I would be grateful for all constructive comments both good and not so good. I wont bite

Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic

Re: Brimstone Butterfly

I'm glad its not just me who chases insects up and down hedge rows and garden borders. :o)

And this is just me, (and don't take my word for it as I'm only a beginner and I'm on my holiday computer.) it looks a little bright making the butterfly's wings look washed out. (feel free to ignore me )
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

It looks bright on my calibrated screen too - but a great capture
      ef-r

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys.

I will look again at the image after and recalibrate my monitor.

On my screen all the details of the wings are there and you can see the scales on the wings and when printed all is fine. The histogram shows that the exposure is OK as does the highlight alert. If I drop it about a 1/3 to 1/2 stop it seems to darken on my monitor. I use the Huey Pro for calibration but there always seems to be an issue with the adjustment of the contrast rings so might just be my monitor.

Or maybe as this was shot is full sunlight this is the probelm so I will teak the shot to see what you think.
        Slàinte,

Malkie

I would be grateful for all constructive comments both good and not so good. I wont bite

Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic

Comment

Yes, a bit bright on mine too, but a lovely capture anyway, wish I had the patience for butterfly chasing - never seem to have a camera when they are resting!

Comment

Working...
          X