Damaged corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damaged corner

This image of the shattered corner of my 2" optical cube was produced for submission in another place.

Damaged corner by John Liddle, on Flickr
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

You've broken it What do you use it for. I have a glass sphere, been in the family for donkey's years. Rumour as it, it was my great grandmothers fortune telling ball.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
      You've broken it What do you use it for. I have a glass sphere, been in the family for donkey's years. Rumour as it, it was my great grandmothers fortune telling ball.
      I think it got broken when it "fell off the back of the physics lab" when my father retired after many years as head of the Physics Department at school - or more accurately, because it had been broken by some ham-fisted pupil and was perhaps no longer fit for purpose, my Dad decided to find it a good and loving home.

Apart from appearing as a prop in the occasional photo, I have yet to put it to its proper use in light ray experiments.

I assume your great granny was the well known Gypsy Rose Bartlett?
      John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Originally posted by John Liddle View Post

I assume your great granny was the well known Gypsy Rose Bartlett?
        She was called Rose. Can trace my family back to the 1500's, just put the telephone down speaking to a cousin who was 100 on Friday

Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post

She was called Rose. Can trace my family back to the 1500's, just put the telephone down speaking to a cousin who was 100 on Friday
          I have got back to 230 AD tracing my ancestors, fascinating subject and keeps me amused when we are unable to go out.
          Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Originally posted by tigerburnie View Post

I have got back to 230 AD tracing my ancestors, fascinating subject and keeps me amused when we are unable to go out.
            That is fantastic Ant, it's amazing what you can unearth and connections when you dig deep into families past
            Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Kings of England, Wessex, Scotland and Wales lol, not found any Irish, lots of Saxons, Danes and Vikings too. No photographers though
              Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Working...
              X