What the cat brought in.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the cat brought in.....

Had a Siamese cat a few years back - its pedigree was as long as the M5 but its behaviour was that of a hooligan (typical of the breed, I believe). It often brought in little treats that it had collected - the Sunday joint from next door's kitchen table, assorted furry things etc.
    Watched it hunting a dragonfly by our pond one day and amazed that it could catch one. I kept the wings in my camera cupboard for possible use on a rainy day -

With the old 20D and EF100mm Macro, 1/160 at f3.5, lit with a 150watt security light angled to give a bit of reflection from some of the wing "scales", and photographed over two sheets of coloured paper to put some interest into the background.
    Cheers , Chris.
    Just chuggin' along.

Re: What the cat brought in.....

Nice crisp shot Chris. Makes you want to zoom in and zoom in and...

I like seeing improvisations like the security light and coloured paper. What I have tried as backgrounds are printed photographs propped up behind macro subjects. Prints on matt paper work better as reflections off glossy material can be distracting.
    Dave

Comment

Re: What the cat brought in.....

Thanks, Dave for the comments.
      I did try putting the cover to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon behind it with the "light going through the prism" out of focus. Was a bit too dark.
      Will carry on playing.
      Cheers, Chris.
      Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Working...
      X