Lily (9733)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lily (9733)

Canon 40D + Canon 100 f2.8 macro. Simple set up in garage comprising black cloth background and backlit from natural lighting on an overcast day. Cheers, Bill

Re: Lily (9733)

Originally posted by adversa View Post
    ... Simple set up in garage comprising black cloth background and backlit from natural lighting on an overcast day.
    Just a warning for you, if you are shooting in the garage be careful you don't scratch the DB9. One pulled up outside my house yesterday, and I thought my wife had bought me an early Christmas present.

Nice shot. I like the shapes of the flower at the top. A little more light at the bottom would have lifted it a bit. If it was natural light try placing a reflector (white card will do) under the flower and shine a light down to bounce off the card.

Comment

Thanks Rob. I'll try your suggestions next season. Cheers, Bill

Comment

Hi Rob, I very much enjoyed visiting your website......it's superb! Cheers, Bill

Comment

Originally posted by adversa View Post
          Hi Rob, I very much enjoyed visiting your website......it's superb! Cheers, Bill
          Very kind of you to say so, Sir.

Comment

Great shot Bill. The exposure is very well handled – I can make out detail in the darkest and the lightest areas of the flower. Not easy with the subject you've chosen. I too would be interested to see the results of using a reflector.
            Dave

Comment

What I like here is that more often than not, we think of taking the whole blossom. You saw just a part of the flower as being more powerful because it emphasized the texture. Although this probably sounds silly, I liked to feel the texture of real wood when I used to do some furniture making in solid oak. This reminded me a little of that.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your observations. I was attraced to the shapes in the blossom and the textures. I fully understand what you mean about the texture of timbers. Have you visited Robert Thompson (mouseman) at Kilburn, North Yorkshire where you will see some exquisite craftsmanship in oak furniture? Cheers, Bill

Comment

Working...
                X