Earning as a beginner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earning as a beginner

I want to earn a little with my photographs, i have only kit lens with me and i can afford for Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 lens or any other similar to that price. My question is, Can i earn with these gears by capturing some nature shots and some close ups. Since i am a beginner i'm not sure about my portraits on peoples, but i believe in myself that i can able to take some nature shots. Need an idea where i can start my earning.
    SK:-)

Re: Earning as a beginner

It may help SK:-) if you tell people what camera and lens that you have now.
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
      It may help SK:-) if you tell people what camera and lens that you have now.
      My camera is EOS600D, At present, I have kit lens only, Already mentioned that, I can afford for 50mm f/1.8 prime lens or 55-250mm lens.

Comment

Hey SK,

For everyday shooting the kit lens is quite a good all round lens to use. I have the 17-85 canon lens and felt that the kit lens was better. However, you're entering a big world when you're trying to sell your work. It normally costs you money first before you make any.

Here's my experience so far.

Alamy - Stock agency - free to join, uploads taken based on a set criteria, you'll be fine with what you have as all my first shots were with the kit lens and 600D.

Fine Art America - free to join, $30 for premium account. You can have success on there but it takes time to market your work.
        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
        www.campsie.photography

Comment

For some reason I can't enter my whole post, so here's the rest of it...

There's always submitting your nature shots to FLPA, however, their system of sending in a disk of images rather than on-line upload puts me off. They're catalogue of images are more seen in calendars or birds, mammals and cute dogs and cats at or around the festive period.

To work shooting portraits, is hard work, you essentially need a portfolio of work to show people, but you need the work to create a portfolio. Use people in the street. Research your local laws on street photography, and just ask people if you can take their picture. Portrait work doesn't always need to be in a studio with a white background. In fact some of the best stuff I've seen was in the street, but that's just what I like I guess.

If you are determined you'll make a success out of it in your own way. Even if you make enough money to buy more kit, like me. I went from a 600D and kit lens to a 7D and 70-200 2.8L in one year so anything is possible if you want to make it work.

Hope that helps.

Paul
          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
          www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
            For some reason I can't enter my whole post, so here's the rest of it...

There's always submitting your nature shots to FLPA, however, their system of sending in a disk of images rather than on-line upload puts me off. They're catalogue of images are more seen in calendars or birds, mammals and cute dogs and cats at or around the festive period.

To work shooting portraits, is hard work, you essentially need a portfolio of work to show people, but you need the work to create a portfolio. Use people in the street. Research your local laws on street photography, and just ask people if you can take their picture. Portrait work doesn't always need to be in a studio with a white background. In fact some of the best stuff I've seen was in the street, but that's just what I like I guess.

If you are determined you'll make a success out of it in your own way. Even if you make enough money to buy more kit, like me. I went from a 600D and kit lens to a 7D and 70-200 2.8L in one year so anything is possible if you want to make it work.

Hope that helps.

Paul
            Thank you so much paul. It helps a lot, it motivates a lot.

Comment

Working...
            X