Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7D + Galaxy tab

I have a 7D and a Galaxy Tab 10.1
    I recently purchased an app that allows me to control the camera from my tablet - DSLR Controller

They connect to each other via a usb adaptor.

I was thinking of using the tablet as an external monitor for video (and still).

Now I was wondering if anybody had or is doing something similar with a tablet ?
    Is there an adaptor or clamp that I can mount the tablet to the camera via a bracket or shoulder harness ?

Any assistance would be appreciated :)
    Canon Eos 70D, Tamron 28-300mm XR Di VC, Yongnuo YN565EX + YN568EX, Panasonic FZ200

Re: 7D + Galaxy tab

Hi - bit confused... could you explain WHY you want to control your DSLR from an app on your tablet, rather than just use your DSLR without controlling it from your phone?

Perhaps people could contribute if they knew a few more points.

Cheers, Mike.
    flickr
    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Sure, no problem.

I'm thinking of making a shoulder rig for my camera for some video work, and was thinking of using the tablet as an external monitor. And if I can manage to construct a handset kit, then I can control most of the cameras functions from the tablet which has bigger buttons ;-)
      I wouldn't use the tablet for normal photography, except for still life of landscape photos.
      Canon Eos 70D, Tamron 28-300mm XR Di VC, Yongnuo YN565EX + YN568EX, Panasonic FZ200

Comment

Macro shots on the floor if you don't have a tilt screen. Not sure on how you would do it though.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
          Macro shots on the floor if you don't have a tilt screen. Not sure on how you would do it though.
          Not trying to divert this thread but to try and answer what I think is the comment above, it is quite easy using the EOS Utility that came with the camera, tether the camera to the laptop / notepad with a USB lead and the utilty then allows remote focus, camera setting adjustments and shutter release etc.

I don't know how well it would work with video but use it a lot for other photos

Comment

I use tethered shooting to get the most accurate focussing ie macro, still life and landscapes
            ef-r

Comment

This new application allows you to the same as the utilities software, but using a tablet or smart phone instead.
              I was or rather am contemplating using the tablet as an external lcd type monitor on a video rig, just not sure how to attach it :-/

It works well for low angle, macro, landscape. Has focus adjust, etc
              It also has time lapse control, don't need to buy an intervalometer (spelling? )

Comment

Muscat - Thanks for that. One day, might give it a go.

Thndr_strck - hope you get something that works for you.
                Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                X