PAL, NTSC & POWER DIRECTOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAL, NTSC & POWER DIRECTOR

I have a 60D and for movie mode I have the Image Size set at 1920x1080 and frame rate set at 25. The instruction manual specifies that you should use 25 for areas where the TV format is PAL (i.e. correct for UK).
    I am using Power Director 10 to edit my videos and for every single movie clip I import into Power Director it displays a message saying I am importing clips in NTSC format. It goes onto say it will convert the clip to PAL but the image quality may be degraded.
    Anyone know what's going on here?

Re: PAL, NTSC & POWER DIRECTOR

Sounds like 'dodgy' software to me. I have never heard of 'Power Director 10', so can't make any specific comments on it.

Why don't you try downloading a trial version of something more 'mainstream' / 'proven' in the video editing line.
    Adobe Premier or Sony Vegas software woud be my choice. They both do 'cheap', entry level programes, and you might
    find an answer with either of them.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by CongyStag View Post
      Anyone know what's going on here?
      I'm not sure,
      There is an option on your camera called "video system" the options are PAL or NTSC.
      Double check your camera is set to PAL

Fred
      I am familiar the Cyberlink Power products they're not one of those fly by night, cowboy outfits. :-)

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by fadetoblack View Post
        Sounds like 'dodgy' software to me. I have never heard of 'Power Director 10', so can't make any specific comments on it.
        Power Director 10 is software from Cyberlink (link).
        Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Thanks for that, Trevor. I had overlooked the Video System option. I have now checked this and it is definitely set to PAL, so despite the fact that I would argue that Power Director IS one of the more prominent movie editing programmes out there it would seem that the issue lies with this software. Although it generates the NTSC message every time I move a clip to the timeline, it is not causing any other issue that I can detect. I'll take it up with Cyberlink if it becomes a major problem.

Comment

Comment

Hmmm, just noticed that this is an oldish thread.

I use an older version, although I may need to upgrade as it's not playing well with Windows 8. You need to go into File > Edit > Preferences > General and there should be an option to switch between PAL and NTSC.
              Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
              http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
              https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Working...
              X