Frame Rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frame Rate

Has anyone had a problem viewing video from the 5D MKII?

I have tried viewing with quicktime and Media player and it judders every few seconds.

Does editing software resolve the issue?
    Roy

Re: Frame Rate

Hi
    I assume you recorded video in full HD mode?
    The issue is not the recording but the playback mode.
    Your computer has insufficient 'grunt' or the graphics card is not up to the job.
    You can try using conversion software to lower the resolution of the video or significantly increasing your computer's processing power?
    Regards

Comment

HI
      Thanks for the reply.
      Yes I am recording ful HD.
      My machine is faily high spec.
      I thought it was something to do with the 30 frames it records at.
      Roy

Comment

Hi, I use vlc player to playback hd video quicktimes, works fine if your pc is up to spec off course. Just dont ask me about Premiere Pro playback, sigh...

Comment

You might want to take a look at http://philipbloom.co.uk/. This chap seems to have lots of examples and tips on what frame rates work best on the 5D MkII and the 7D too...

Might help...

Comment

Hello Roy

I would agree VLC is bar far the best piece of software to use for judder free playback. Unfortunately the .mov file that Canon use does tend to cause problems with Windows, using a Mac it is not an issue.
            If you experience problems with VLC (rare) you may want to tweak the setting slightly

Tools -> Preferences... (set Show Settings to All) and Input / Codecs -> Other codecs -> FFmpeg and in the drop-down box for Skip the loop filter for H.264 decoding change it to All. Remember to press Save to save VLC settings and restart VLC after that to make sure changes are enabled.”

Hope that helps

Comment

Just a thought, What speed is your SD card? I know for a fact that a class 4 card will have lost frames and stutter, you need a minimum class 6 for good video recording/playback.

Comment

CF card on a 5DII

I have had no problems with the few clips I have done. This is NOT a windows problem
                ef-r

Comment

I like to playback in the camera with a hdmi to mini hdmi lead connected to my telly.

I've used the basic in-camera editing and saved as a new clip - I occasionally transfer this new clip to the pc then convert to AVI with a free program for relatively simple editing, in windows movie maker.

Having said all the above, I see the video component as a fun bonus, I'm not using it to produce broadcast quality output.

Trev

Comment

What class is your card?
                    Specs of your machine?
                    Version of the OS?
                    Does the video always stutter on the same frames? Also when you play it in the camera?
                    myTube
                    Twitter: @VilliAsgeirsson
                    Canon EOS 60D - 50mm f1.8 - 50mm f1.4 - 18-135mm f4-5.6 - 100mm f2.8 macro - Speedlite 480EX - Canon EOS 500D

Comment

Working...
                    X