Tiger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiger

I took this image some time ago and although I have kept in my favourites file, I just haven't done anything with it. So, I have tweeked it a little, reduced it to the correct size for projection and will enter it into the next camera club competition.

So what do you think and even more importantly, any ideas for a title? I'm rubbish at titles so would welcome any help.

_MG_6354f by colin cross, on Flickr
    Colin

Lovely shot. I have no direct experience of club competition but suspect that the face being predominantly in shadow will not be liked....much better than most efforts in the RPS IPE that I went to yesterday in Bristol!
    yours shows what can be achieved with 8MP too!
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

A lovely shot Colin. Now Title, 'In Thought' - 'Contemplating' - 'How long more is he going to be stood there with that Camera'
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Lovely shot. the haze on the bottom right is a tad distracting. Is it his/her breath? Title: penny for your thoughts.

Comment

Looks much better on flickr
          Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Originally posted by 2Beers View Post
            Looks much better on flickr
            I thought so as well, just a tad too dark here. Thankfully, it will project OK at the Camera Club.

Colin

Comment

It does have a "restful feline".

Comment

Powerful( the image and a suggested title)
                Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Hi Colin
                  suggested title is 'Predator at rest'
                  cheers
                  Dave

Comment

'Predator at rest'
                    Oooh, like that title.
                    Colin

Comment

Superb shot Colin, it does look better on flickr
                      Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Comment

Lovely Puddy Tat.......Not sure I would stroke it though
                        Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

I do like this portrait of a predator. Well done Colin, I hope it does well in your competition
                          Peter

Feel free to browse my
                          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Not sure I would stroke it though
                            I was at the Heritage Breeding Centre in between the bars and one of the lady's said "Can I stroke it?" I thought OMG how stupid, but the keeper said that's OK as long as I am feeding her tidbits. So she put her hands through the wire and started stroking the Tiger ............... and so did I. Very rough fur, I expected a bit of soft and silky.
                            Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post

I was at the Heritage Breeding Centre in between the bars and one of the lady's said "Can I stroke it?" I thought OMG how stupid, but the keeper said that's OK as long as I am feeding her tidbits. So she put her hands through the wire and started stroking the Tiger ............... and so did I. Very rough fur, I expected a bit of soft and silky.
                              So, do you find it awkward now holding the camera and adjusting settings with one hand.
                              Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Working...
                              X