Robin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robin

visited Slimbridge at the weekend and spotted this robin in the trees near one of the drink stops.

5DMKII 24-105mm, 100-400 ISUSM - plus lots of bits that I am not sure I need or can afford

Re: Robin

thats a lovely bird. from a composition point, i would have preferred a bit more filling the frame, but maybe you couldnt get any closer (at 400mm). that little OOF branch in front of the bird I also find a tad bit distracting. one step to the right would have been perfect
    regards
    Donald

Comment

hi chodeva
      thanks for the comments - i think if i had moved towards it it would have moved and i have already cropped it.

cheers
      dave
      5DMKII 24-105mm, 100-400 ISUSM - plus lots of bits that I am not sure I need or can afford

Comment

Unfortunately its not the best background and composition. I find robins are one of the less twitchy birds and it may have paid to wait a little while to see if he moved somewhere better, a fence post or suchlike

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Small bag of seed will make a Robin almost eat from your hand which helps to "position" them in the right place.

Well that's my theory anyway.

David
          David

Comment

Working...
          X