Black-headed Gull by GavHamilton, on Flickr

1Ds MkIII
    ISO: 320
    Ap: f5.6
    Exp: 1250
    lens: ef 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6l is usm @260
    filters: none
    extenders: none.
    Sorry I've not been around much. Sadly the ankle surgery and carpal tunnel surgery have both been unsuccessful, so have to wait and see what happens next. I hope to be shooting a lot more in the future!

Twitter: @PicturesqueScot

Re: Black-headed Gull - Musselburgh - Scotland

Great shot and composition Gav !

Is the water a little TOO blue ??

Fred

Comment

I like the quality of the shot and the composition, but I also question the Mediterranean blue of the water.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

A great image, nice action and superb reflection on the water but a bit too blue
        Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Black-headed Gull - Musselburgh - Scotland

on the composition and the reflection.

Tom

Comment

thanks everyone and interestingly the water was that blue.

On a clear sunny day it happens occasionally in late Autumn, Winter and early spring when the sun is low in the sky. I've not got any on my laptop from the same area, but there's a few by Ralph Stewart from about 4 miles west: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ralphstewart/3456713543/ that are very similar in colour.

I will admit that this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/41066614@N05/4405154884/ is how you see it 95%+ of the time, and I've got many similar shots of dull drab grey water, but when you get one of those great blue days it's worth being out there!
            Sorry I've not been around much. Sadly the ankle surgery and carpal tunnel surgery have both been unsuccessful, so have to wait and see what happens next. I hope to be shooting a lot more in the future!

Comment

Great photo Gav.
              I quite often get similar colours in the water when the sun is low.
              The composition with the reflection looks great
              Well done

Alan
              Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Thanks Alan, it's a great time of day and year to be out photographing wildlife and landscapes.

I really have to get over to Dumfries to see more of that area!

Comment

Working...
                X