Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gadwall, Bath Time

1Dmk4, EF500 + 1.4x, iso400, 1/1000th sec, f8, handheld, cropped

Image removed as the small size here has not allowed the image to be shown at it's best.... See link below for image hosted remotely
    Last edited by Pete; 20-03-2010, 08:19.
    All the best
    Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Re: Gadwall, Bath Time

Sorry,
    Maybe he shutter speed is to high. No feel of movement in the gadwall; over emphasis on the water droplets. Just an opinion.

Maybe it loses something on the small image shown on my laptop.

Comment

I think this may well have the makings of a decent image of this female Gadwall; they have great markings... but I agree with hughbie - the image is too small to tell! Maybe a larger sized upload to a remote hosting site might ehlp...
      I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
      Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

I agree it has lost it posting on here

Here is a link to a larger size

All the best
        Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

I quite like the droplets in the foreground.

Has this image been cropped significantly ?

Millie

Comment

Not a very big crop
            All the best
            Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

Not a very big crop
              hmmm, sorry this lacks the real sharpness and detail I'd expect to see for a near full frame composition.

I felt sure I was looking at a substantial crop coupled with heavy PP, just goes to show we all see things differently, no offence :-)

Comment

Thats OK, probably my processing.... changed to Aperture and still finding my feet, was an LR user but it is rubbish with the MK4 Raw files.... Hopefully LR3 will be better...

have a look at this one, tighter crop....

All the best
                Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

Hello Peter

I have seen this shot previously and it is an absolute stunner. I think you may be suffering from a bit of host site degration, although your second tighter crop does begin to show the quality. However, I still prefer the smaller crop.

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

Colin, agree the shots are a lot sharper elsewhere...... Strange that they seem soft on here......
                    All the best
                    Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

Originally posted by Millie View Post
                      hmmm, sorry this lacks the real sharpness and detail I'd expect to see for a near full frame composition.

I felt sure I was looking at a substantial crop coupled with heavy PP, just goes to show we all see things differently, no offence :-)
                      Millie, I have uploaded again and does seem sharp to me, think I had a problem with the upload, not sure why though...
                      All the best
                      Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

One trick I have learn't for posting pictures Pete, is to view the post and picture in preview. If it is not up to standard I don't commit to posting, but go back to the original shot, sharpen again (or whatever is required) and re-submit. Preview again and if all is well, post the shot. It is a lot of buggeration, but worth it for constructive comment.

Going back to your earlier point regarding RAW converters, I have LR2.2, Aperture and a few others and I have gone back to DPP to process my MKIV RAW files. It's quick, easy to work with and seems more sympathetic to the MKIV files. It hasn't got all the bells and whistles of LR, but what the hell, that's what CS4 is there for.

Colin
                        Colin

Comment

One trick I have learn't for posting pictures Pete, is to view the post and picture in preview.
                          I'd go along with that Pete.
                          LOL.....It's quite easy once you get the hang of it. :-)

Millie
                          Last edited by Millie; 22-03-2010, 09:46.

Comment

Working...
                          X