Cute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cute

I don't normally do cute, but who could resist this?

Colin
    Colin

Re: Cute

Excellent

Comment

Nice .................. wish I had a 500mm ............. it's fathers day tomorow .........er ........... Sunday ......... maybe the wife has been saving up for 17years or the Lottery has finally decided on the correct numbers
      Cheers Mark

www.ms-photo.co.uk

Comment

Magic....
        David

Comment

I was out shooting with a well known wildlife photographer many years ago and he stressed the importance of getting down to the subjects eye level if at all possible. It looks more natural and adds impact.

The next time I went out with him, very early in the morning just as the sun was rising and creating some mist on the lake, he floated a blow-up Lilo pillow on the water and rested his 1D with 500mm on it, as he waded in to chest height wearing a wet suit. The resulting shot of the courtship ritual of great crested grebes, partially back-lit with orangey light and mist rising off the water was superb.

I learn't two things:

* Plan your shot, but be prepared for lucky accidents.

* Shoot at their eye level.

For this shot I was laying down in mud. Having already got my planned shots, this was a shot of opportunity, or lucky accident.

Colin
          Colin

Comment

Colin, With your record of "lucky accidents" lately is there any chance we could share a ticket in the Euro Millions ????
            David

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
              For this shot I was laying down in mud. Having already got my planned shots, this was a shot of opportunity, or lucky accident.

Colin
              SWMBO says I have photographers belly - mud on the shirt.

Do you use a vertical viewfinder?
              ef-r

Comment

I have a vertical viewfinder, but I didn't expect to use it so it was in a bag in the boot of the car.

Camera and lens was resting on a plastic carrier bag, left ear and face was making firm contact with the mud, so I could get my left eye to the viewfinder.

Interested member of the public (polite speak for nosey parker) said I must be mad to get myself so dirty just for a photograph. I showed her the result on the camera screen and she changed her mind - score one for Colin!

Colin
                Colin

Comment

An excellent image Colin, its shots like this that I aspire to be able to take.

John

Comment

Well, it certainly does have the Ahhh factor Colin - dont think I'd risk £8/9K's worth of kit in a flimsy lilo though - LOL
                    Regards
                    Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //
                    7D Mark II // 16-35 f4L // 24-70 f2.8L II //
                    24-105 f4L II // 70-200 f4 L // 70-200 f2.8 Lis II // 50 f1.2L // 85 f1.8 //100 f2.8Lis // 200 f2.8L // 300 f4Lis // 1.4ex // .......... and a longer wish list

Comment

Because the bank was a couple of feet above the lake, it was the only way he could get the shot he wanted. He did quite well with it though, I have seen it in at least a couple of books and magazines, a calendar and I believe it got a commended in Wildlife Photographer of the year.

Colin
                      Colin

Comment

Working...
                      X