ISO equiv: 2000
    Exposure Bias: +0.33 EV
    All the best
    Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Re: Give it to Me............

Fabulous image
    Steve ( LSINWP )
    1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Welcome back to the forum Pete. It's a really dramatic shot, well captured. It's a shame about the rising branch LHS which cuts off the wingtips. The resolution has clearly been reduced massively before posting, but the belly of the ringed bird does look a bit soft. I also can't work out what happened to the eye. It' is probably the way the light is hitting the rotated head, but it looks almost as if the bird has cataracts.
      Russell
      Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Originally posted by Columbarius View Post
        Welcome back to the forum Pete. It's a really dramatic shot, well captured. It's a shame about the rising branch LHS which cuts off the wingtips. The resolution has clearly been reduced massively before posting, but the belly of the ringed bird does look a bit soft. I also can't work out what happened to the eye. It' is probably the way the light is hitting the rotated head, but it looks almost as if the bird has cataracts.
        I think its a membrane which covers the eye when they hit the water,fish must have been fresh,,Nice image
        www.flickr.com/photos/kingfisherblue www.johncaswellwildlifephotography.com

Canon 5Dmk4 ,Canon 7D mk11,Canon 7D,Canon 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L is 11 USM . Canon100mm f2.8 Macro ,Canon 24-105 F4, 1.4 x111 ext

Comment

I think its a membrane which covers the eye
          The nictating membrane - which makes it an even more remarkable shot. I'd have imagined that it would be drawn back quite quickly once the bird had surfaced.
          Russell
          Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Excellent capture Pete
            Thanks for sharing
            Cheers
            Dave

Comment

Excellent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
              James Boardman Woodend