Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Stallard
    replied
    Agree it's a great capture - but does no one else see a kestrel perched over a toilet seat just about to 'go'. . . . . . no? . . . . just me then ;-)

.DAVID.

Leave a comment:

• Bill53
    replied
    Thanks Guys.

Bill.

Leave a comment:

• tigerburnie
    replied
    Great shot Bill

Leave a comment:

• Stan
    replied
    That is a super shot Bill and no problem with the perch as that is the sort of place they do tend to use. The male kestrel which I used to see regularly at Southbourne would often perch on the top of one of the lamposts

Leave a comment:

• arquebus
    replied
    Very nice capture of a beautiful bird. You can see how concentrated the bird is, maybe looking for a suitable prey? The kestrel has en excellent eysight, and it is also able to see ultraviolet light, allowing it to detect the urine trails from rodents and other prey as it will shine in an ultraviolet colour in the sunlight.

Leave a comment:

• leeperry
    replied
    Great capture Bill

Leave a comment:

• Trev B
    replied
    Great shot Bill, don't think the perch is that out of keeping. I know a site adjacent to the Exe Estuary where you can frequently see one perched on the steel work of a National Grid Towers, which is also used by a Peregrine. Early spring, late autumn an Osprey's can occasionally be seen sitting aloft one.

Leave a comment:

• ST-EOS
    replied
    Still a good capture Bill despite the steelwork perch.

Leave a comment:

• colin C
    replied
    Maybe not the nicest perch from our aesthetic point of view, but perfect for him.

Very nice image of a male Kestrel, obviously intent on his next meal.

Leave a comment:

• Bill53
    started a topic Kestrel

Kestrel

IMG_7293 by William Cook, on Flickr

Not the nicest of perches.

Bill.
Working...
X