Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptors

As the sun was shining we decided to go to one of our local Glens today, within 5 minutes of arriving we had a Red Kite and two White tailed Eagles circling over head, very high up, but lit up by the morning sun, the pictures are poor, but the memory will last for a long time. We then carried on down the road and found three Buzzards and round the corner another Red Kite and two Golden Eagles, later we found a Kestrel, so five raptor species in less than an hour. I'm still buzzing.
    Sky dance by tigerburnie, on Flickr
    Golden Eagle by tigerburnie, on Flickr
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

What an incredible walk you had, I’m quite jealous! Very pleased that you went out and had such a wonderful sight.

Ian
    Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Thanks Ian, this is a bit better shot
      Where Eagles dare by tigerburnie, on Flickr

Comment

Fantastic, what a day out - I would also be buzzing. Third shot is good considering the distance
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Thanks Trev, they were right over my head, trying to hand hold a 500mm lens with no image stabiliser is tricky to say the least, they were very high, but you could still see just how big they are.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerburnie View Post
            Thanks Trev, they were right over my head, trying to hand hold a 500mm lens with no image stabiliser is tricky to say the least, they were very high, but you could still see just how big they are.
            I remember once laying down on my back to get some shots of soaring Buzzards, resting the camera on my face. OK, but not if you should be seen by a member of the public who could well doubt your sanity
            Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

You were in the right place at the right time and did amazing well to take the photos. Love the third one.
              Rose

Comment

Beautiful birds, wonderful memory for you
                Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Thanks all, I'll have a sift through the 50 odd shots I took to see if any are better lol.

Comment

What a wonderful experience Tigerburnie, nice captures to remember the day.
                    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Always nice to see a Raptor, to see more than one is a great experience....
                      Regards
                      Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //
                      7D Mark II // 16-35 f4L // 24-70 f2.8L II //
                      24-105 f4L II // 70-200 f4 L // 70-200 f2.8 Lis II // 50 f1.2L // 85 f1.8 //100 f2.8Lis // 200 f2.8L // 300 f4Lis // 1.4ex // .......... and a longer wish list

Comment

Thanks guys, it was a red letter day...............................and a nice blue sky one too.

Comment

Great shots Tiger, only seen a White Tailed once over here and no camera, plenty of Buzzards, Sparrowhawks, but that is it. Lucky you.

Comment

They are not keepers, but the memory will live for some time David.

Comment

Well captured photos. Must have been a great day out.
                              Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Working...
                              X