Harris Hawk - 70-300L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harris Hawk - 70-300L

I used my new 70-300L today at the Grimsthorpe Festival. I was very pleased with the auto focus performance.

I had the camera set to expanded AF points and used AI Servo high speed multi-shot for the bird shots below ... This advice is some of the best if anyone is struggling with their 7D

Here are a couple straight from the camera and the only Photoshop was to clone-out the birds teather.

Harris Hawk at Grimsthorpe by graydon63, on Flickr

Harris Hawk at Grimsthorpe by graydon63, on Flickr

Amanda (SWMBO) captured the moment I disobeyed her orders over audience participation :) using her new Tamron 18-270 VC PZD on her 500D

Exif and Full size shots found here on my Flickr
    Last edited by jonesgj; 30-08-2011, 06:47.
    Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
    EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Re: Harris Hawk - 70-300L

That certainly shows what the 7D is capable of - Harris Hawks don't exactly dawdle!

Colin
    Colin

Comment

You're right Colin. the handler gave me two chances. The first time I set the camera to low speed multi-shot. I captured three pictures. A blurry take-off, grass and then his tail feathers spread across the lens.

The second attempt I captured around six shots - including another of his tail feathers as he landed on the handlers wrist held a few inches above my head.
      Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
      EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Flight shots with the bird coming straight at you are not too easy so well done on these

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Working...
        X