Hornbill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hornbill

This is a 10 week old ground hornbill which was walking around the grounds of Leeds Castle (with a bodyguard)

7d, 70-300L@100, iso200, f4, 1/1250
    ef-r

Re: Hornbill

Pretty little thing, isn't he? lol.

I've never been to Leeds Castle, so I think I'll have to arrange a trip soon!

Thanks for posting, all the best, Mike.
    flickr
    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Brian, love the stripes in his eyes

Originally posted by mikep View Post
      I've never been to Leeds Castle, so I think I'll have to arrange a trip soon!
      Mike let us know when you plan on going to Leeds Castle and I will see if I can co-ordinate a trip there with you.

Comment

Looks like he has blue eyes... not sure I would want to suffer the sharp end of that beak.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

LIke your crane shot this seems also to be oversharpened, a very definite halo particularly around the beak - unusual for you Brian, have you tried some different processing or hosting ?

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
            LIke your crane shot this seems also to be oversharpened, a very definite halo particularly around the beak - unusual for you Brian, have you tried some different processing or hosting ?

Stan
            I can normally see the halo when it is pointed out - but this time I cant see it on either. Both the crane and this shot have white markings round the edge where the sun is overhead. Post processing hasn't changed.
            ef-r

Comment

Looks like the 7D is working for you very well.
              There is a slight halo around the bottom side of the lower and upper beak.
              Maybe it is a combination of the 7D, 70-300 lens, angle of the light and getting to grips with the 7D plus perhaps a very slight tweak in the processing of 7D shots.

But still a great shot

David
              David

Comment

Nice shot of a young "Sassoo"! I like it a lot. very sharp indeed.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I have re-processed it in a totally different way using PSE on the raw file. Just a little clarify, change the wb to 5200. This is uncropped. Is this better??

I am getting there with the 7D - I think perhaps that I have overdone the reduction in sensitivity of AF in servo mode. The less dynamic pictures are giving excellent IQ and all lens are focussing perfectly.

ef-r

Comment

Brian, to my old eyes #2 has lost the halo and looks better.

I want a 7D but all the little tweaks it brings with it I wonder if my head will explode...... but when all the tweaks come together then it really produces some WOW factor images.

David
                    David

Comment

David - the 7D works OK with the defaults - almost in 50D emulation.
                      ef-r

Comment

thats better Brian. Without the halo you can now appreciate the eye and feather detail

Stan
                        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                        flickr

Comment

Think Stan needs glasses what halo!! The only Nitpick I would have is exposure settings to show up the darkened eye from those lush eyebrows
                          Canon 1DX Canon EOS 1D Mark 1V Canon EOS 7D Mk 11 EOS 5D Canon EF800mm f5.6 IS Canon EF500mm f4 Mark 11 Canon EF400mm f4 IS DO EF300 f2.8 IS Canon EF 200mm f2 IS Canon EF100-400 f4.5-5.6 IS Canon EF100mm IS F2.8 Canon EF24-70 F2.8 Canon EF16-35 f4 Mk11 Canon EF15mm Fisheye Canon 1.4 tele converter 111 Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art

Comment

Yes I must admit I'm struggling to see the "Halo" in image #1,(maybe I need a better monitor) the 7d does seem to perform well once the settings are mastered.

Ray

Comment

Nr. 2 is also better to my old eyes, can't see any halo..... Nice shot of a face only a mother could love...
                              EOS 1DX, EOS 5D mkiii, EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f4 L USM, EF 24-70mm f2.8 L II USM, EF 70-200mm f2.8 L II IS USM, EF 50mm f1.2 L, EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro USM, Speedlite 580EX

Comment

Working...
                              X