Reed Warbler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reed Warbler

taken earlier this year near Welshpool - 1D Mk3, 400mm f5.6 L + 1.4TC, 1/500, f8, ISO 200

Last edited by mwphoto; 12-09-2011, 10:10.

Re: Reed Warbler

A wonderful photograph.
    Well done and thank you for sharing.

Comment

Cheers Stephen - one of around 200 I have - got to the point where I ended up ignoring the birds this year!

Not too far from you so worth a look when the birds return next year - in the reed bed right in front of the hide at Llyn Coed y Dinas (Monty Wildlife Trust reserve) next to the roundabout at the south end of the Welshpool bypass. If you fancy a look some time PM me - also have a number of other decent birding spots you may be interested in (this winter target is crossbill - got a few last year in the Ceri forest and will post one shortly but can always do better). Also if you're heading up this way worth keeping an eye on the Montgomery Bird Blog where a few of us post sightings/pics etc
      Last edited by mwphoto; 12-09-2011, 11:08.

Comment

Mark, nice capture.

Nice and crisp shot, well posed! I've only got 1 shot of a reed warbler, and it's kinda fuzzy! I've seen quite a few at Arundel WWT, but they're always too far, too hidden, or too quick!

All the best, Mike.
        flickr
        5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Mike - this shot was probably taken at 20 feet or so so plenty of opps if you ever get the chance to drag yourself up this way again. Let me know and I could show you a few spots - also while Cors Dyfi is set up for and concentrates on the ospreys it's a fabulous place for warblers (8 different species on there this year) As you'll be aware it's still a bit formative so sitting and hiding isn't easy (tho my hide does help) but with a bit of luck an extra hide or two should be going up shortly so better chances of getting decent reed, sedge etc warbler - then again I sat on the boardwalk and watched a pair of willow warbler going back and forward with food to the nest - the nest itself was no more than 3 feet off the boardwalk and sitting 20 feet away they weren't at all bothered by my presence. As I say if you ever do get back up this way let me know

Cheers

MW

Comment

Working...
          X