More from the garden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More from the garden

Managed an hour in the hide in the garden this afternoon - was after the greenfinch but conspicuous by their absence so some others to keep you amused, including a rather quizzical chaffinch! Comments as ever welcome - all from the Stealth Gear hide with the 1d Mk3, 500f4 with 1.4 TC

Last edited by mwphoto; 18-09-2011, 18:29.

Re: More from the garden

cheers Dan - the odd shaft of light between the (much needed) downpours made sitting out in the hide worthwhile!

Comment

Oooh, your own personal hide! (I'm jealous!).

Love Nuthatches, and you've caught him really well.

But I do like the ball of fluff that is the Blue Tit, shame the twig was straight on to the camera! Lovely feather detail and a glimmer of a catchlight! Nice!

Thanks for posting, Mike.
      flickr
      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

They are all very nice shots but the first two - the birds are really sharp and nice poses - are spoilt by the fact they are on a feeder. As you obviosly have lots of regular visitors to the garden and a hide it would really be worth while setting up a log or twig near to the feeders to provide the birds with a stopping off point and then have the opportunity for 100% natural shots

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

A hour of peace and quiet with camera in hand.
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Hi Stan - yeah you are right and do have some perches set up - moving house shortly so will be doing the same at the new place. As you say feeder shots are not the most natural but I'm building up a library of shots to support a 'feed the birds in the winter garden and this is what you may see' article so including the feeders was intentional - whether these actual pics make the final cut is of course another matter!! Ta for the comment though

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post
              Oooh, your own personal hide! (I'm jealous!).
              Mike - worth investing in - end up sitting 30 get or so away from the birds in a nice comfy chair - I use the Stealth Gear 2 man chair hide - from memory only around 90 quid so may be worth a look (or a Christmas present???)

Comment

Working...
              X