Great Tit (I hope)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Tit (I hope)

Okay, My first attempt at posting a photo!
    There should be an image of a Great Tit along with this text. Ideally it would have been a photo of a Woodpecker, but they did not turn up this morning.
    A fortnight ago I had drilled some holes in a tree and put some Brazil nut kernels in them. These are supposed to attract Woodpeckers, and I have seen both Great-spotted and Green in the garden in the past week. However when I went there this morning with my camera, all that turned up were Great Tits, so eventually I had a go at photographing these.
    I think ideally I would have had my 1.4 converter attatched, But I had left it off because I was expecting to shoot much bigger birds. Maybe I should have put it in my coat pocket in case, but if I had attatched it, I bet a Woodpecker would have turned up.
    Anyway I was pleased with the Great Tit shots, and if they are not on show now, I shall read the forum instructions next time!
    John
    Attached Files
    Last edited by crook and churn; 27-11-2011, 19:38.

Re: Great Tit (I hope)

1. Read instructions first
    2. Discover photobucket
    3. Post photograph again

Comment

Hello John

The Great Tit looks good in its environment and a very well balanced composition. Be patient with the Peckers, keep feeding the tree and they will turn up.

I am also in North Dorset, so we can't be too far away.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

An excellent first post, well composed and plenty of detail in the bird

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Hi John, very nice GT! And welcome to the forum from me, if I haven't already said that somewhere else!

All the best, Mike.
          flickr
          5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Very nice. Lovely colouring.
            Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
            X