'Noisy' pheasant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Noisy' pheasant

Wasn't going to post any shot's today due to it being a 'test day' for the new camera / settings but I thought these might pass for critique - quite noisy but then I was in the woods and had to bump up the iso to 3200.

1d mk4 & the 100-400

#1 - 1/500, f/5.6, iso 3200, 400mm

#2 - 1/500, f/5.6, iso 3200, 330mm

Critique away

.DAVID.

PS: Huge thanks to colin C for his help with the initial settings. Owe you one sire
    Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Re: 'Noisy' pheasant

Not sure why the shots are titled 'noisy pheasant', as the noise is hardly noticeable on these images. maybe at 100% view but these are great shots. guess its the advantage of using top gear. tack sharp too. would personally have loved #2 in a tighter crop with less of the OOF foreground
    regards
    Donald

Comment

I like them both as they are.
      Very good images of (in my opinion) Britain's most beautiful bird.

Comment

David, on my monitor it looks as if the 1D4 has handled the high ISO pretty well. Lovely bird

Comment

David - I'm with the others on these... for ISO 3200, I don't think you can complain about noise. Both shots look pretty sharp to me, and any noise isn't a problem at all unless you're going to print A3 or such.

Good shots!

All the best, Mike.
          flickr
          5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Lovely shots. I don't notice any noise that detracts from the sharp images.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Yep your right - I HAVE to stop looking at the shots at 100% It's a habit I got into a while ago and am finding it hard to break.

And thank you for the comments

.DAVID.
              Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

You little Pixel Peeper you!

Colin
                Colin

Comment

Lovely images, beautiful natural colours, I really don't see the noise as a problem on these, I am confused though one minute I'm lusting after the the 5d mk2, now I wan't a 1d mk1V, costs nothing to dream though.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                  X