• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolcat
    replied
    Originally posted by @imagesBV View Post
    Great work!
    I wast suggesting for a moment that the expression was photoshopped by the way. We used to foster for cats protection....couldn't get such good shots in the converted shed....but I can appreciate the challenges...thanks for sharing your technique.

Back in the day the rescue had wooden cat pens and that was a whole lot harder to get 'studio like' images of our residents. It made my life (and the volunteers who clean the pens) a lot easier to get the shots I want when we had the UPVC units installed

Leave a comment:

• @imagesBV
    replied
    Great work!
    I wast suggesting for a moment that the expression was photoshopped by the way. We used to foster for cats protection....couldn't get such good shots in the converted shed....but I can appreciate the challenges...thanks for sharing your technique.

Leave a comment:

• Coolcat
    replied
    Originally posted by @imagesBV View Post
    Super shot....I assumed you had to photoshop to get those sort of expressions...fantastic shot.
    Cheers Brian,

Just timing the capture mid yawn or meow gets you the funny expressions ......Photoshop and Lightroom only used for re sizing, exposure adjustments and removing the join between the floor and wall.
    These are shot in a UPVC cat pen which is about 7' high and 6' by 4' depth/width at the cat rescue. Two Speedlights are used, one bounced and on camera to light the subject and one slaved with a modifier to throw light on the background.

This is what the unedited shot looks like....

EY7P3083 by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Coolcat
    replied
    Originally posted by David Stallard View Post
    Outstanding, you will always get my vote where cats are concerned. Def a "feed me" pose.

.DAVID.
    Many Thanks David,

It makes a relaxing change doing portrait work rather than the usual trackside motorsport fun as you know

Leave a comment:

• @imagesBV
    replied
    Super shot....I assumed you had to photoshop to get those sort of expressions...fantastic shot.

Leave a comment:

• lunarbo
    replied
    It’s a tiger’s roar!

You have captured the moment........again!

Leave a comment:

• David Stallard
    replied
    Outstanding, you will always get my vote where cats are concerned. Def a "feed me" pose.

.DAVID.

Leave a comment:

• Coolcat
    replied
    Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
    Well timed Jeff, I can see this as one of those large posters you see for sale in department stores.
    Cheers Peter

Leave a comment:

• ST-EOS
    replied
    Well timed Jeff, I can see this as one of those large posters you see for sale in department stores.

Leave a comment:

• Coolcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Stan View Post
    how cute
    Thanks Stan

Leave a comment:

• Stan
    replied
    how cute

Leave a comment:

• Coolcat