Our 17 year old girl shot with the Sigma 85mm 1.4 Art lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our 17 year old girl shot with the Sigma 85mm 1.4 Art lens

Taken wide open at 1.4 in our conservatory.
    I'm falling in love with this lens

Fliss by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
    Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

A lovely shot Jeff, can see why you are pleased with the 85/1:4
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
      A lovely shot Jeff, can see why you are pleased with the 85/1:4
      Cheers Trev,

I think the Sigma 50mm and 35mm Art lenses will be next on my wish list
      Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

Originally posted by Coolcat View Post

Cheers Trev,

I think the Sigma 50mm and 35mm Art lenses will be next on my wish list
        A friend of mine has just got rid of his last Canon lens, he's gone over to Sigma completely
        Trev

Flickr:

Comment

A friend of mine has just got rid of his last Canon lens, he's gone over to Sigma completely
          Not quite ready for that......The telephoto lenses from Canon are still better than the Sigma equivalents in my opinion.
          The Sigma Art line up is pretty damn good though......A good bit cheaper than the Canon like for like glass.
          Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Not quite ready for that......The telephoto lenses from Canon are still better than the Sigma equivalents in my opinion.
            The Sigma Art line up is pretty damn good though......A good bit cheaper than the Canon like for like glass.
            He's very much into commercial product photography, so only uses the lower end ranges, not telephoto
            Trev

Flickr:

Comment

He's very much into commercial product photography, so only uses the lower end ranges, not telephoto
              As a commercial tog myself its one of the reasons I sold my Canon 16-35 and replaced it with the 12-24 Sigma Art, it's another ripping good lens.
              The only downside is not being able to mount filters on the front due to its bulbous glass front element.
              I don't use it for landscape photography so for me, that isn't an issue.
              I think Sigma have really landed on their feet running with their new glass........Not only good optically but the build and material quality seems top notch as well

It is at this point I will mention........I have no affiliation with Sigma but if they do want to send me free samples..........
              Regards,

Jeff

Comment

As a commercial tog myself its one of the reasons I sold my Canon 16-35 and replaced it with the 12-24 Sigma Art, it's another ripping good lens.
                The only downside is not being able to mount filters on the front due to its bulbous glass front element.
                I don't use it for landscape photography so for me, that isn't an issue.
                I think Sigma have really landed on their feet running with their new glass........Not only good optically but the build and material quality seems top notch as well

It is at this point I will mention........I have no affiliation with Sigma but if they do want to send me free samples..........
                Yes, couldn't agree more Jeff
                Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Very nice sharp detailed photo of a cute cat.
                  Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Colin W View Post
                    Very nice sharp detailed photo of a cute cat.
                    Cheers Colin
                    Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                    X