X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Colin W View Post
    Very nice sharp detailed photo of a cute cat.
    Cheers Colin

Leave a comment:

• Colin W
    replied
    Very nice sharp detailed photo of a cute cat.

Leave a comment:

• Trev B
    replied
    Originally posted by Coolcat View Post

As a commercial tog myself its one of the reasons I sold my Canon 16-35 and replaced it with the 12-24 Sigma Art, it's another ripping good lens.
    The only downside is not being able to mount filters on the front due to its bulbous glass front element.
    I don't use it for landscape photography so for me, that isn't an issue.
    I think Sigma have really landed on their feet running with their new glass........Not only good optically but the build and material quality seems top notch as well

It is at this point I will mention........I have no affiliation with Sigma but if they do want to send me free samples..........
    Yes, couldn't agree more Jeff

Leave a comment:

• Coolcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Trev B View Post

He's very much into commercial product photography, so only uses the lower end ranges, not telephoto
    As a commercial tog myself its one of the reasons I sold my Canon 16-35 and replaced it with the 12-24 Sigma Art, it's another ripping good lens.
    The only downside is not being able to mount filters on the front due to its bulbous glass front element.
    I don't use it for landscape photography so for me, that isn't an issue.
    I think Sigma have really landed on their feet running with their new glass........Not only good optically but the build and material quality seems top notch as well

It is at this point I will mention........I have no affiliation with Sigma but if they do want to send me free samples..........

Leave a comment:

• Trev B
    replied

Not quite ready for that......The telephoto lenses from Canon are still better than the Sigma equivalents in my opinion.
    The Sigma Art line up is pretty damn good though......A good bit cheaper than the Canon like for like glass.
    He's very much into commercial product photography, so only uses the lower end ranges, not telephoto

Leave a comment:

• Coolcat
    replied

A friend of mine has just got rid of his last Canon lens, he's gone over to Sigma completely
    Not quite ready for that......The telephoto lenses from Canon are still better than the Sigma equivalents in my opinion.
    The Sigma Art line up is pretty damn good though......A good bit cheaper than the Canon like for like glass.

Leave a comment:

• Trev B
    replied

Cheers Trev,

I think the Sigma 50mm and 35mm Art lenses will be next on my wish list
    A friend of mine has just got rid of his last Canon lens, he's gone over to Sigma completely

Leave a comment:

• Coolcat
    replied
    A lovely shot Jeff, can see why you are pleased with the 85/1:4
    Cheers Trev,

I think the Sigma 50mm and 35mm Art lenses will be next on my wish list

Leave a comment:

• Trev B
    replied
    A lovely shot Jeff, can see why you are pleased with the 85/1:4

Leave a comment:

• Our 17 year old girl shot with the Sigma 85mm 1.4 Art lens

Taken wide open at 1.4 in our conservatory.
    I'm falling in love with this lens

Fliss by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
Working...
X