Malachite Kingfisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malachite Kingfisher

Over cropped and oversharpened? Confirmation welcomed, please.

- sorry , I removed the link as its sooo oversharp

40D, 70-200 f4L at 200mm. f9, Should have used the 300 but no time to change.
    Last edited by hughbie; 25-01-2010, 08:10. Reason: I removed it as its a rubbish photo, sorry

Re: Malachite Kingfisher

Originally posted by hughbie View Post
    Over cropped and oversharpened?
    Yes & yes by the looks of it... but... you did well to get the shot I think! Would be interesting to see the original un-cropped image for comparison!

We were lucky enough to see a Malachite on our last trip to South Africa, but I was unable to get anywhere near it for a shot. As soon as I moved, it was off, and although we hung around for quite a while, it didn't return to the perch we were watching!

They are stunningly beautiful birds...
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Thanks for the comments.
      From a small boat, Lower Zambeze. Recent newsletter from a camp we stayed at in S Lwangua had photo of one that landed on the handrails of the 4X4 and posed for photos! - really did not want to see that. The much disparaged 100-400 would have been a good lens to have had on that trip. You never know what's coming next. Not sure the original is worth posting.
      Last edited by hughbie; 25-01-2010, 08:11.

Comment

Originally posted by hughbie View Post
        The much disparaged 100-400 would have been a good lens to have had on that trip.
        Certainly NOT disparaged by me! I think it's a cracker of a lens. Mine is (thankfully) pin-sharp!

Anyhow - I had the 100-400 on, bur still couldn't get a shot; you just gotta be in the right place at the right time...
        I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
        Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

I was not criticising the 100-400 either, but overstated some views I picked up on when I was buying. Have not used one, but definitely saw the advantage of one while trying to swop lenses in a canoe - close up hippo, distant Malachite etc.

Comment

Working...
          X