Fungi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fungi

Dyrad's Saddle - taken on the side of road in West Malling Kent - Canon 400D + Tamron 18-250
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jchiltz; 25-08-2009, 13:07.

Re: Fungi

Interesting, dryad's saddle should emerge fro the side of a tree, yours seems to be comming out the ground. Could it have been comming out of the base of a tree? There is the possibility of a rather rare cousin of dryads saddle .....

Graeme

Comment

One for Roger Phillips Graeme?

Martin

Comment

Graeme - this was on the side of the lane - it was just coming out of the side bank I could not see any remains of a tree. There is a stone wall there so a tree could have been there at some time. Just after I photographed it someone, in their wisdom!! smashed it all off. I did have another look and all I can see is the bank which is compounded and meets the road surface.
        John
        Last edited by jchiltz; 27-08-2009, 14:53.

Comment

If there is not tree stump or root then it would have been very interesting. The species I suspect it may have been grows from a sclerotia(bit like a tuber) which is burried in the ground. I think they are perenial so it may come back next year. If it does come back next year, snap it, and send the pick with a dried bit to Kew.

Graeme

Comment

Working...
          X