Waterfall - Milk Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waterfall - Milk Effect

Been out to Cropthorne village today, finally managed to "capture" a Waterfall Milk Effect
    Next time, I'll try a little experimentation on the lighting - as the ultra-white cloudy sky has over-exposed the leaves a bit

Canon 200d, 18mm kit lens, F/22, iso100, exp=0.5sec

PS90hD2.jpg

Nice one
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Nice shot.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

As you say bit over exposed. Always a personal choice about how much blur of the water is right.

Presume a typo for the 0.5 sec.
        Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by antoeknee View Post
          As you say bit over exposed. Always a personal choice about how much blur of the water is right.

Presume a typo for the 0.5 sec.
          no. definitely 0.5sec

the overexposure was down to the "whiteness" of the sky (i think) as iso and aperture were as low as possible. next time I'll take a lens filter.

Comment

Originally posted by brenski View Post

no. definitely 0.5sec

the overexposure was down to the "whiteness" of the sky (i think) as iso and aperture were as low as possible. next time I'll take a lens filter.
            OK, just seemed a lot of blur for such a short shutter speed.
            Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by antoeknee View Post

OK, just seemed a lot of blur for such a short shutter speed.
              it's an ornamental garden waterfall - so the downhill waterflow a constant (fast) speed
              Last edited by brenski; 02-05-2022, 21:07.

Comment

For long exposures, you need a tripod, turnoff the any stabilization (Lens and Camera), use a remote shutter release or use the camera timer, use the mirror lockup, and a set of ND filters (should have at least a 3 and 6 stop ND Filters). This will help you with any over exposures and any camera shake that can cause blur when doing long exposures.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by brenski View Post
                  no. definitely 0.5sec
                  Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                  For long exposures, you need a tripod, turnoff the any stabilization (Lens and Camera), use a remote shutter release or use the camera timer, use the mirror lockup, and a set of ND filters (should have at least a 3 and 6 stop ND Filters). This will help you with any over exposures and any camera shake that can cause blur when doing long exposures.
                  Tom
                  thanks Tom, all of the above were already in use - except for the filter (which i confessed to forgetting in my reply #5).

Comment

Worth a re-shoot but definitely with some additional filtration as that should not only counter any over exposure but also allow a more appropriate aperture - at f22 diffraction softening is big issue (especially with kit lenses) which is why the foliage in this picture is bit on the soft side.
                    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                    X