Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Osprey and chick in the nest

Osprey and new Chick by tigerburnie, on Flickr

As you can see, when the blows, the rig bounces, need a video head instead of the gimble I think.
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Hi Tiger can see where you're coming from regarding camera shake, a good solid fluid head is the answer. Can I make a suggestion that instead of going 'bang' into the subject you create some establishing shots. Start to tell a story - clips of the surrounding countryside, the bird in flight, local lake, food supply etc. Keeping clips to within ten to twelve seconds, they can become boring being longer unless they are specific action shots.
    Hope you don't mind these comments, not being critical, just suggestions.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

No problem, this clip is really just to highlight my problem and any solution, got my eye on a Manfrotto fluid head, just asking the seller if it is compatible with my tripod fitting. This nest is one that can produce some great action, it's on an island in a small loch, some times we get to see the adults fishing and then taking food to the nest, not today though.

Comment

As an update to this story, the nest collapsed the other day, the warden and some helpers got the chick back to the top of the tree and luckily it fledged yesterday, so all seems ok, except there no nest for next year.

Comment

Working...
        X