Latest version of my camera rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest version of my camera rig

For those (like me) who are not familiar with cine equipment, this is my current set up, I can use a variety of different lenses, the Canon 24-105 is one I am using for my gardening youtube vids and the 100-400 with extenders if required for wildlife shots. The Fotga wheel is a "follow focus" used for tracking subjects in manual focus, try doing that with a fast moving bird or animal, I can use it on the lens zoom control as well as the focus, so no need to reach round the front of the camera, there's a nice big wheel to turn.
    My rig by tigerburnie, on Flickr
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Good set up Burnie. The Fotga as you say is a God send. Do you use a separate monitor.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Wow. That looks great (and very complicated).
      thank you for sharing.
      Rose

Comment

An excellent setup Bernie. I can appreciate the value of the fotga wheel, the manual controls on the very early shoulder mounted video cameras were were infinitely better to use than the buttons on the later ones.

Ian
        Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
          Good set up Burnie. The Fotga as you say is a God send. Do you use a separate monitor.
          I don't Trev, trying to keep the weight down, there are a couple of hides where I could use more gear as the walk to them is short.

Comment

Originally posted by Lavenderhill View Post
            Wow. That looks great (and very complicated).
            thank you for sharing.
            Rose
            It is complicated Rose, but I am getting the hang of some of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Farider View Post
              An excellent setup Bernie. I can appreciate the value of the fotga wheel, the manual controls on the very early shoulder mounted video cameras were were infinitely better to use than the buttons on the later ones.

Ian
              I haven't got a shoulder rig Ian, but for hide work this will be a godsend.

Comment

That is some serious gear Burnie, think I'll stick with stills.
                7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Originally posted by Farider View Post

Ian
                  I’ll second that, you could find them with a finger, now they are so small and almost impossible to use with gloves on when you are using them as I often have to on Dartmoor at minus 4.
                  Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Just added a bit more to the rig, a very hefty tripod, an "e image tripod AT-7402A WITH FLUID HEAD" with twin legs, weighs a ton and takes up 30lbs of gear on it, should be here next weekend, it's like Santas coming early, so if I can carry it all, I should be able to produce some more profesional looking steady images.

Comment

Tripod, thought by me to be a luxury item when shooting still photographs, but is actually a necessity when shooting movies.
                      IMG_0457.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X