Movie making update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie making update

Well I've been awol for a while, the year began with youngest grandson in hospital, but all is on the mend now, so life has been in the way. I'm managing a bit of filming and photography. I have bought a new pc to run windows 11 and my video editing suite DaVinci Resolve, all of which have been a steep learning curve, how ever I popped off to my local bird clubs hide and shot some clips and had a play at editing, you can see the result here
    A short film in my local forest, first attempt at editing my clips

There's a lot to learn but I have done some cutting and blending, no colour correction, the images are straight off the camera. The lens is my good old 100-400 mk 1 with no extender added as the subjects are quite close, not sure if I mentioned before but with this camera I can use a f5.6 lens with a 2x extender and it still fully auto focuses at f11 and beyond, this allows me to get 800mm without the huge lens and weight involved.
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

This one was shot using the 2x convertor on a very misty and windy hill top near the Glen Shee ski centre, as you can see there's a lack of snow just now.
    Another short test clip where I experiment with DaVinci resolve, connecting clips together using the blending tool and added some graphics, there's no sound ...

Comment

I’m glad to hear your grandson is on the mend, that is good news. Pleased see you’ve been able to do some filming and photography, look forward to seeing some more results.

Nice videos you’ve posted.

Rose

Comment

Great vid's Burnie, good variety of species.
        Hope your Grandsons recovers fully.
        7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thankyou Bill, he's gone swimming today for the first time since his surgery, so well on the mend.

Comment

Very nice Burnie, as you said there’s a lot to learn. Completely different from still photography. Only crit, try to get some establishing shots for run in.
            Last edited by Trev B; 11-02-2023, 20:32.
            Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Yes, content is another whole new ball game, at the moment I'm just practising joining short clips together, in the past I just left the camera running, next I need to see how I add music or other sounds, as of yet I'm still finding my way round the new PC, I'm sure it's got a built in mic. no idea where though.

Comment

What editing softwear are you using
                Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

DaVinci Resolve 18

Comment

Working...