Last Light over Sound of Gigha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Light over Sound of Gigha

Hi all. I've not been around for a wee while but hoping to get back into the forum over summer.

This is a 14 shot stitch taken a couple of days ago while camping at Point Sands, not far from Tayinloan. It shows Jura to the far right, with Gigha island, and the sound of Gigha throughout. It was shot handheld and tweaked in LR4 and stitched in MS ICE

There are a few things I am not sure/happy about. I would welcome any comments or suggestions regarding the shooting and post processing for future pano attempts

Sound of Gigha by Garry Macdonald Photography, on Flickr
    Cheers,

Garry
    Garry Macdonald on Flickr
    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Re: Last Light over Sound of Gigha

Nicely stitched Garry.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom,
      Garry

Comment

Fantastic range of light in there Garry from the darker skies over the islands where the sun has possible disappeared to the west where there is still loads of light.

Just wondering - were the individual shots taken in Landscape aspect ? If you take them in Portrait it will give you more height on the resulting stitched image.

Cheers
        Scott
        Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Thanks for the comments Scott. They were taken in landscape mode, and I will definitely remember to change to portrait next time.

Cheers again,
          Garry

Comment

Working...
          X