Portree Harbour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portree Harbour

My other half is into horses and so spent Friday taking loads of shots of the show jumping at Horseguard's Parade, London. Great event but after attempting to PP my shots I've realised I've really only got record shots. I need a good telephoto/zoom for this work and my old 75-300 f5.6 is just not up to it. Could also be user error.

So I decided to process a panorama from Skye instead. So here is Portree Harbour at the worst time of day (just before noon) and I can see some banding in the sky caused by the polarizer but other than that it's a good representation of the place.

C&C welcome.

Portree Harbour Panorama by anderson.council, on Flickr
    Scott

500px flickr

Re: Portree Harbour

An excellent pano - brings back fond memories when my wife & I stopped in a self catering cottage just off to the left of this picture. Skye is such a magical location and I think you have caught some of its qualities in this image.
    James
    James Boardman Woodend
    www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Thanks James. We were blessed by the weather god's that week and so this shot works better than it perhaps would on a dull grey day. As for the rest of the island it is indeed a fantastic place for photography.
      Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Somebody once told me you get all the seasons in one afternoon. - perhaps that adds to the magic
        Cheers and thanks for posting
        James
        James Boardman Woodend
        www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Really nice

I've said before that I've been to Portree a couple of times, never ventured down to the harbour but certainly will next time I go. Seeing images like this just makes me kick myself for being so remiss; it's as pretty as the best Cornwall has to offer but without the iced cream, fish 'n' chips and pasty eating hordes. I may post something nasty later to make my point.

Skye is most definitely one place in the UK anyone with an interest in landscape photography should visit. I once read that Mull is even more spectacular but I’ve never been so will reserve judgement until I do.

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Tom

Comment

Looks almost tropical.

Unlike today...

Comment

Hi Scott; thanks for posting... I'm embarrassed to say that I'm very badly travelled in the UK (having spent most of my working life elsewhere), and have never visited Scotland outside of the big cities, but I'll get there sooner or later
                Cheers;
                Lee
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
                5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
                17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Very nice Scott. You did well handholding for a twelve image stitch
                    Peter

Feel free to browse my
                    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thanks guys, appreciate all your comments.
                      Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Very nice Scott.

Bill.
                        7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Working...
                        X