Sydney – early morning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sydney – early morning.

1Ds2 35mm 1/50s f13 Tripod cropped to ±9 Mega Pickles (4468 × 2012)
    Dave

Re: Sydney – early morning.

...and in the evening.

1Ds2 16-35 @16mm 13s f16 Tripod cropped to ±6.5 Mega Pickles (4894x1325)
    Last edited by Dave; 20-09-2009, 22:49.
    Dave

Comment

Very nice Dave, love the colours and hues in both. How early was the sunrise shot taken? Looks like a tranquil start to a new day. Nice graduation of light to dark in the sky in the second shot. Peter

Comment

The first is a good shot, but it looks a little yellow on my monitor. Nice though.

The second is excellent - good composition, nice colours, and the opera house has come out very well. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Petros View Post
          Very nice Dave, love the colours and hues in both. How early was the sunrise shot taken? Looks like a tranquil start to a new day. Nice graduation of light to dark in the sky in the second shot. Peter
          Thanks Peter – I was surrounded by joggers and people doing sit-ups and all that funny nonsense. I was in time to watch the sun work its way from the top of the buildings down to the water, which only seemed to take about 5min.
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by carregwen View Post
            The first is a good shot, but it looks a little yellow on my monitor. Nice though.

The second is excellent - good composition, nice colours, and the opera house has come out very well. Good stuff.
            Cheers Rob. The first is pretty much as it came out of the camera (saturation wise). I might have to tone it down and tweak the colours, which I've never had to do before. In hindsight perhaps I should have taken it off Auto White Balance. Generally AWB does such a good job that I've become complacent, and seldom even think of adjusting it. Light Down Under is quite different from UK.

Interestingly in the second shot, I had to crop out joggers' feet where they had run through the scene during the 13s exposure. No sign of the people themselves, just the feet.
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X